youtube Solution

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys !!

My internet Connection Speed is 400 kbps only .. constant 53 kbps download speed .. with that i am easily able to stream 240p videos without buffering on PC with more than enough head room.. i can even stream 360p with only 1 pause in between

But in youtube app streaming 240p video is horrible.. the video just keeps pausing every second or so..

i tried playing it on chrome and opera mobile.. i think it streams well on those browsers but as my gpu isn't strong it causes the video to run slow it gets buffered properly but video runs at very low fps due to browsers being very high resource hog

i don't want to download videos .. just stream like youtube app can..

i think this is problem is in youtube app as per the recent reviews.. so recommend me a solution

Last edited:
OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
stop the apps which run in the background and may be using your data (greenify is recommended) also, switch sync to off.

No apps running in background except internet speed meter lite that displays the download speed on top ..

no background app using data , greenified already , Sync already off

the thing is i can see the buffer progress is quite ahead than the playback progress but still the video pauses for 3-4 seconds after 10 seconds or so..

the same thing reported by app reviews as well that youtube app pauses video even though they have 20 Mbps connections .. so its a prob with app till then any other great streaming app for youtube only ?

btw i am unable to find an app that displays which app is using background data in real time.. like we have resource monitor in PC that can display how much bandwidth an app is using .. no similar app in android ?

used watchdog but that did not display the desired results

any other app ?

Last edited:

rj27

Net Addict
Might wanna give a try to viral popup app or viral pro (paid version). This app is how the official YouTube app should be, so many features including popup and background play of videos.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Might wanna give a try to viral popup app or viral pro (paid version). This app is how the official YouTube app should be, so many features including popup and background play of videos.

wow this app is so neat .. much much better than the youtube app and is running very well so far the only prob is the Ads ..

thanks a lot

Top Bottom