Your opinion on the following build...

lordirecto

In the zone
@OP: Its primeabgb. Not primeagbp like sunny said.
Also stay away from theitdepot. No matter what, dont ever order from them. They overprice, delay, and never update you about the status of your order. Its like throwing your money out of the window.

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
Strange thing. I checked out the sites. Only smcinternational stocks the i5 2500k. And the P67 motherboards are overpriced everywhere. mailme.manju said it is 8.5k but everywhere it is listed from 9.5k to 11.5k

lordirecto

In the zone
Dude, prices keep fluctuating. So you got to observe all the web sites and pounce on the cheapest deals once to see it. Else you will pay more that you need to.

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
Why does the ASUS P8P67 cost 11k+ whereas the Intel DP67BG costs 8-8.5k. I mean whats the basic difference between the two and if cost is not a problem then which should be the choice.

But again I wouldn't like to spend 2.5-3k more on the ASUS just because I can afford it. It has to give me considerably more benefit than the Intel.

sunny4691

Fell Off the Asembly Line
@OP: Its primeabgb. Not primeagbp like sunny said.
Also stay away from theitdepot. No matter what, dont ever order from them. They overprice, delay, and never update you about the status of your order. Its like throwing your money out of the window.
Oh sorry for the mistake, post edited

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
@Saswat
First I was thinking of getting the i5 2400 but then I realized I could stretch my budget a bit and get an i5 2500K.
@Piyush
Not buying the stuff online. Just want a reliable place to check prices.

lordirecto

In the zone
Do you mean frequency, timing, voltage etc. does not matter as long as I have DDR3?

Practically, it does not. You will only see a difference of a few microseconds of performance difference, with respect to the frequency, timing, voltage etc. Which is not very noticable.

Unless you are an enthusiast, you will not mind in investing in a set of RAM sticks that is not present in the QVL of your motherboard.

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
I checked out the specs of ASUS p8p67 pro evo and deluxe and didn't see a great lot of difference between the 3. How do their prices compare?

lordirecto

In the zone
Additional features is what brings the difference in prices. The Deluxe version has 2 NICs and things like that for the other boards. Just compare them yourself to see if you are able to find the differences.

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
Additional features is what brings the difference in prices. The Deluxe version has 2 NICs and things like that for the other boards. Just compare them yourself to see if you are able to find the differences.

Actually I was expecting the prices of the two boards to be posted.

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
Finalized(almost) rig:
Need your opinions before I buy it in may...
Intel i5 2500k - 11500
ASUS p8p67 pro - 11500
Gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL- 5250
Seasonic S12D 850W- 7100
NZXT Tempest Evo - 5700
Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA 7200.12 SATA 3Gbs x 2 - 5800
Thermalright Silver Arrow - 3800(approx)
MSI GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II/OC - 15600

Total 66250

got the monitor (DELL ST2220L) and everything else... and if you are wondering about why such a psu, ill be sli'ing later.. and i am gonna oc..

Top Bottom