You’re Likely to Get the Coronavirus

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
"COVID-19 is already reported to have killed more than twice that number. With its potent mix of characteristics, this virus is unlike most that capture popular attention: It is deadly, but not too deadly. It makes people sick, but not in predictable, uniquely identifiable ways. Last week, 14 Americans tested positive on a cruise ship in Japan despite feeling fine—the new virus may be most dangerous because, it seems, it may sometimes cause no symptoms at all.

The Harvard epidemiology professor Marc Lipsitch is exacting in his diction, even for an epidemiologist. Twice in our conversation he started to say something, then paused and said, “Actually, let me start again.” So it’s striking when one of the points he wanted to get exactly right was this: “I think the likely outcome is that it will ultimately not be containable.”

Lipsitch predicts that within the coming year, some 40 to 70 percent of people around the world will be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. But, he clarifies emphatically, this does not mean that all will have severe illnesses. “It’s likely that many will have mild disease, or may be asymptomatic,” he said. As with influenza, which is often life-threatening to people with chronic health conditions and of older age, most cases pass without medical care. (Overall, about 14 percent of people with influenza have no symptoms.)"

The whole article thing is worth a read.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
There are also a number of confirmed cases in India.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, even common cold symptoms don't manifest immediately and take many days. In the meantime you will feel fine. Same as that in this case I think.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
So, that means a person can get infected with corona but will be feeling healthy and fine.
Yes, this is also a possibility. About 17 percent of those who fall ill with flu for example, do not show any symptoms.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hand Sanitizers are out of stock and the prices of face masks are increased from Rs 20 to Rs 80.
Good business for pharma companies

icebags

Technomancer
world is afraid and scared at the outbreak of covid-19. meanwhile it also brings coffee to the table for mathematicians and data analysts. to understand the exponential patterns of infection cases and to predict the future. the probability of we falling in probably also lies in there.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That was a good video.
WORRY EVERYONE! It's the only way, so that we don't have to worry in future!

Hrishi

At least they could have given it a nice name like, LurkingDeath-69 or Xxx-K1ll3rC0r0na-Xxx. Covid-19 sounds like some fancy wannabe YouTube competitor.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
At least they could have given it a nice name like, LurkingDeath-69 or Xxx-K1ll3rC0r0na-Xxx. Covid-19 sounds like some fancy wannabe YouTube competitor.
Lol :lol: these names are used by gamers around the globe.

COVID is just the acronym for the disease name.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
We are all already infected guys...
They are not actually strictly "quaranteeing" anyone at the airport...

4 Jumping Quarantine Caught On Train Near Mumbai By Alert Passengers

Four passengers were deboarded from the Mumbai-Delhi Garib Rath train in Mumbai for allegedly jumping quarantine on Wednesday, Western Railway officials sources said.

Barely an hour after the train left Mumbai, some passengers and the travelling ticket examiners raised an alarm when they noticed the "quarantine stamp" on the back of the palms of the four.

Its not clear how they managed to evade the attention of the Mumbai health authorities, reach the railway station, book tickets, board the train and travel unhindered for over an hour before being offloaded at Palghar station, a couple of hours away from their intended destination (Surat).

It may be recalled that on Monday, the Maharashtra authorities had implemented the decision to "stamp" all people arriving from COVID-19 affected countries and to send them to 14 days' compulsory quarantine as a precaution.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i remember drinking sugarcane juice from a road side vendor during cholera outbreak in 1991 during which few people died and many more were serious. all meat shops were closed in the area. i bought it from a vendor's home in the form of pieces. someone who was responsible for cooking it was completely shocked and kept telling me not to buy as it was not clear how old it was. when he told my brother (a doctor) about this, he said abe 4 seeti aur laga dena, sab theek ho jayega.

Top Bottom