yet ANOTHER way to bypass windows validation found ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedun_cheran

Broken In
QwertyManiac said:
U r very right in that buddie..
Yes Gentleman I too accept your words.

Microsoft must reduce the cost of the OS if it want to sell more genuine copies. Atleast it should give the OEM for just 1000 bucks. Right?

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
nedun_cheran said:
QwertyManiac said:

Microsoft must reduce the cost of the OS if it want to sell more genuine copies. Atleast it should give the OEM for just 1000 bucks. Right?

1000 bux :shock: :shock: :shock:

30 after bargaining :D

Ashis

In the zone
__Virus__ said:
nedun_cheran said:
QwertyManiac said:

1000 bux :shock: :shock: :shock:

30 after bargaining :D

Yea....That happens!

I mean My friends never purchase any software!
All from Friends & download! ---< CRACKED >

But Yea..... Rs 1000/- is a good Deal :p

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Ashis said:
I mean My friends never purchase any software!
All from Friends & download! ---< CRACKED > (PIRATED) :D

But Yea..... Rs 1000/- is a good Deal :p

1000 original wingays wont b much but comapring to good old piracy its more thn anything :D

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
yes a 1000~ buk will be a good bargain with an overwhelmin response... :p

It will be better if they can reduce it upto atleast say,....
2000~ for now and then gradually reduce..

Atleast they can give a slight stripdown version...

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
has anyone here tried xp starter edition, i think it costs around 2000 bucks; but is crippleware ?

planetcall

Indian by heart
Tech&ME said:
Well ya piracy should be stoped and its easy to do that.

MS can implement hardware varification tool, which will actually scan your mobo for a perticular code ( which can be anything, like number etc). Once the code matches with the OS code (or installation ID) the product should activate.

For example: I have a HCL computer at home, when I changed the mobo, I had to re-activate the OS again, which was successful but when I attempted to install Microsoft Plus! on it, it never allowed saying "This software is designed to be installed on HCL computers only"

Do you know why it gave such an error, because of the BIOS, actually the mobo had the customised version of the BIOS chip. Which contained the HCL logo and other information.

Now, the question is will Microsoft implement such hardware varification tool in Windows Vista or not ?

I think they should.

By now Bill Gates must have read this post.

BIOS Chip?? U know what.....Information stored in the Bios can be hacked directly while OS is running. Mods! No offense intended.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Portus said:
I don't think there will be many illegal Windows Vista Copies because of advanced anti-piracy protection. And Rock-Solid Acitvation system

But even if someone mangaes to install a illegal copy then he/she will not be able to install any other Microsoft Products due "Standard Genuin Validation Check".

This is going to be the implemented in all MS Products. We have already seen IE7 Beta which has this validation check

u think crackers will be sitting and watching it???

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
planetcall said:
Tech&ME said:

MS can implement hardware varification tool, which will actually scan your mobo for a perticular code ( which can be anything, like number etc). Once the code matches with the OS code (or installation ID) the product should activate.

For example: I have a HCL computer at home, when I changed the mobo, I had to re-activate the OS again, which was successful but when I attempted to install Microsoft Plus! on it, it never allowed saying "This software is designed to be installed on HCL computers only"

Do you know why it gave such an error, because of the BIOS, actually the mobo had the customised version of the BIOS chip. Which contained the HCL logo and other information.

Now, the question is will Microsoft implement such hardware varification tool in Windows Vista or not ?

I think they should.

BIOS Chip?? U know what.....Information stored in the Bios can be hacked directly while OS is running. Mods! No offense intended.

Dude i knew tht BIOS can be hacked but can its crucial parts can be hacked? I thought only the unimportant stuffs in BIOS can be changed. Unimportant in sense of things that can cause problems to computer. And most of the new motherboard has a sort of back up system which will reload the whole BIOS as it was before. This has been implemented to make over clocking less dangerous. So hacking BIOS is virtually impossible rite?

planetcall

Indian by heart
sujithtom said:
planetcall said:
Tech&ME said:

I think they should.

Dude i knew tht BIOS can be hacked but can its crucial parts can be hacked? I thought only the unimportant stuffs in BIOS can be changed. Unimportant in sense of things that can cause problems to computer. And most of the new motherboard has a sort of back up system which will reload the whole BIOS as it was before. This has been implemented to make over clocking less dangerous. So hacking BIOS is virtually impossible rite?

Impossible?? you mean I M Possible ?? Well...comeon man is there any thing "REALLY" impossible ? Its not worth discussion buddy.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
planetcall said:
sujithtom said:
planetcall said:
Tech&ME said:

I think they should.

Impossible?? you mean I M Possible ?? Well...comeon man is there any thing "REALLY" impossible ? Its not worth discussion buddy.

Dude someday will u learn to take something in the rite sense??? :evil:

planetcall

Indian by heart
Comeon bro! didnt mean to make ya feel bad. But it would not be taken seriously if ya say something in computing as "virtually impossible". I didnt mean anything else but was replying to the "?" u put at the end :)
Only reply to the another set of "???" is ....... rite is wrong :)

It is a famous old saying. I would like to repeat it....

"There is a crack in everything, that is how light creeps in"

enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom