yet ANOTHER way to bypass windows validation found ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well i agree...MS is hugely propular coz of pirates! imagine how many of us would haf stuck to windows in firsthand (ever since the dayz of windows 3.0)?? at that time os was in a nascent stage and if it wasn't for pirated software ppl would've looked at alternatives..

i think pirates haf contributed hugely for ms's popularity!

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
piracy will prevail no matter how robust measure the companys like microsft only because of one reason and that is cost microsft price may seem cheap to a us customer but for an indian it is just to heavy agreed microsftis a hughe company needs money for r&d and all that but thats not the issue they know about their monopoly and are using thieir postion to pure advantage some may argue use linux but one has to look at it from a noram indian point of view who is not tech savy and plays a game or two looks at movies works with tally do u think he will be able to master linux how many games avialble are made for linux hardly a few
well microsft does know this and tried to introduce a stripped up version of windows it was more like a operating system with a whee chair . this attitude of monopoly has to change make a software more affordble to a normal user iin india . because price of the new vista will be as high as buing a new system do u think have the money to afford that weel if u do then u are lucky but not a lot of people just dont have that aslo a importantpoint to note is hard ware prices are almost double in india when u compare them with us price so u have to calculte what exact cost the end user in india or us market pays

and ur last stament about indian working for others and nto doing something like a cheap operating sytem like windows is simply ridiculos
first of all they can if they want to any day a much bettr one then windows only thing do finace such a group also let me at this point make it clear i have a few friend of mine who are working with wipro and some with infosys the guys at wipro are making a software for the us militry i know i should not be telling u all this but this is to wake u up from ur dreams i dont want to be rude but seriously sying indian are bad because they cant make a operating sytem like windows when indian software enginners are making software for us miltiry is so fuuny. let me tell u one thing when windows vista is going to be launched it will be having diim technolgy which will make ur present system a junk u got to buy specail hardware which is dimm approved then what will happen u might have to throw all ur hardware in a garbage bag even though u bought the orignal hardware is this monopoly is this not explotation think about it .if microasft think they are clever there are 100 time more clevr people who will just destroy any such move if u dont belive me go to the link belowgo to it technical forum and read for a post saying my new hard ware is broken

*www.xbitlabs.com/

hi,

i think you are correct. most of the microsoft reputation and co.. come from piracy itself.

and regarding the software development in india, indians will never build a software like windows which so many bugs. instead they prefer to use them. if we were developed windows it would be rock solid lke linux.

manavmohanty

Broken In
Why piracy is happeneing???? thats the question!!!! that is becasue the softwares are damn costly. if the softwares would be cheap, then all will definitely buy a copy..

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
yes thats a another reason not only the manfatures are kkeping the softwaare high but also taxes for the same are extremly high not only for hard ware but software too say u buy a amd 3800 x2 in america it will cost approximatly 14 thousand say u buy it in india it becomes 24 thousand so u pay 10 thousand in taxes same goes for software . and they want to make india a total it country i dont think this is helping insted of leving such high tax on imports .instead of giving such hughe talks indain govt should reduce the tax .this will not make pc avilable to commen people but reduce piracy and make things avilable as soon as they are out and make us more tecniacally competative

KnightRider

Broken In
as per piracy is concerned!!!!! it happened because the cost is very high.. if the cost will be effectively cheap there there will behardly any piracy ...........

rajas

In the zone
Oh my!!!..war of words...cool down guys.

MS owners have a sound sleep even after spending so much on so called operation code named: Longhorn. They know they wud get the money back in their pockets. We guys fight regarding Piracy and the profits or losses on tat.

Piracy will be there. How much extent we cut down is important. The more people turn towards purchasing genuine software

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well, i think that the code will be craked before actual release in india...

Hope to try it fully before buyin'... 8)

planetcall

Indian by heart
Portus said:
I don't think there will be many illegal Windows Vista Copies because of advanced anti-piracy protection. And Rock-Solid Acitvation system

But even if someone mangaes to install a illegal copy then he/she will not be able to install any other Microsoft Products due "Standard Genuin Validation Check".

This is going to be the implemented in all MS Products. We have already seen IE7 Beta which has this validation check

Heh... I wonder someone having so much faith in the windows security measures. Guys.. Security and windows simply are not made for each other and a "Rock Solid" security in any windows product is simply a fallacy. Vista is going to be no exception in this regard. The core monolithic architecture of windows and its design since the first release has been crappy. Though they are moving the unix way but they need to rewrite the entire OS from scratch to attain what they are dreaming of. And yes..... comeon man dont get so Xited on M$ propaganda....I am hearing the same thing I did when win98 was launched. It reflects more propaganda than truth.*img52.exs.cx/img52/3192/bsod46vu.gif

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Portus said:
This is exactly why people in India don't invent something like "Windows"or we could have got that software for very cheap price.

Techies in India work for someone else's invention instead of inventing.

Very true buddy.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
When windows xp was lauched they tried the product activation method...and it was cracked in no matter of time.

What ever security measure MS may take, there will be always a way out of it.....

If MS is really bothered about piracy it should reduce the price of the product.

Who will buy a expensive product with flaws in it?

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
:lol: now yet ANOTHER way found to update ur windowsxp copy.
it works !

search properly on the net or pm me for the link, if u r interested...

...though for the record, i do urge u to b a law-abiding responsible citizen and buy one ! :wink:

anubhav_har

In the zone
Portus said:
This is exactly why people in India don't invent something like "Windows"or we could have got that software for very cheap price.

Techies in India work for someone else's invention instead of inventing.

U are correct their buddy..

iinfi

mekalodu
Portus said:
I don't think there will be many illegal Windows Vista Copies because of advanced anti-piracy protection. And Rock-Solid Acitvation system

well man if that happens, lemme tell u, Microsoft is digging its own grave...
people will move to Linux which becoming more n more user friendly ......... and of course lesser bugs n viruses...

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
M$ always allowed its software to be pirated and hence so many desktop users...they stop piracy they stop their product.....and dont tell M$ isnt crackable....it took < 24 hours to crack MGA tool

Tech&ME

Banned
Well ya piracy should be stoped and its easy to do that.

MS can implement hardware varification tool, which will actually scan your mobo for a perticular code ( which can be anything, like number etc). Once the code matches with the OS code (or installation ID) the product should activate.

For example: I have a HCL computer at home, when I changed the mobo, I had to re-activate the OS again, which was successful but when I attempted to install Microsoft Plus! on it, it never allowed saying "This software is designed to be installed on HCL computers only"

Do you know why it gave such an error, because of the BIOS, actually the mobo had the customised version of the BIOS chip. Which contained the HCL logo and other information.

Now, the question is will Microsoft implement such hardware varification tool in Windows Vista or not ?

I think they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom