Yahoo Messenger Crashes On Startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Guys, this problem has frustated me no end.

My Yahoo Messenger crashes on my Windows XP as soon as I start it up. No matter how many times I install it and re-install it, it keeps doing the same. Sometimes it does manage to run after a re-installation but crashes asgain the next time I boot up my PC.

I am using the Final version of Yahoo Messenger Ver. 7.

I am sure it's not a spyware problem because it keeps doing the same even on a freshly installed XP.

Downgrading and using an older version is not an option. Can anyone help?

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Well haven't tried that. Maybe it will run that way. But what I am looking for is a solution to make it run in Normal Window's mode.

hack expert

In the zone
exactly the same problem was faced by me a few dayz ago
i must have reinstalled it about 50 times no use

i donno exactly but i uninstalled it ran a virus scan with panda
then with system mechanic ran a registry scan found some corrupted yahoo registries deleted them all
then downloaded a fresh copy and installed it now it is running fine

vrnoormd

Broken In
I am also facing the same PROB with this Version in only Win XP.

Just run msconfig and remove it from startup and reboot,

Run Yahoo Messenger manually, from Desktop or Quick Launch

No hangouts.

Charley

Just Do It
try this link and it proved usefull
i too couldn't use messenger 6 or 7, beta or final, because it crashed
*www.helpbytes.co.uk/cproblems.php#crash

it says there

'Ypager crashes or performs an illegal operation on startup or right click
This error occurs because you are using a third party skinning application that modifies the Windows Look/Interface.
You need to either remove the program, or open the settings, and disable the skinning of Yahoo! Messenger / YPager.
Two known programs to cause this are Window Blinds and AlienGUIse. Window Blinds has a "per application" setting to override this.'

i was using win blinds, then created a special rule for yahoo messenger

i really hope this is usefull

Source

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@vrnoormd: I have already removed Y! from my startup. Even when started manually it crashes.

@Achacko: Been there! It was one of the 1st solutions that I syumbled upon when I strated trolling other forums in search of an answer. And I don't have any 3rd Party Skinning Applications like Windows Blind etc. It's pure unadultreted Windows XP.

It's getting me so frustated!!!

Deep

Version 2.0
hmm are you using firewall?
you have blocked that application in firewall? just remove that exe from firewall access list and then try to connect...

2nd possibility...corrupt installation...

when you install yahoo messenger through net..and if firewall is enabled then it asks whether you want to allow .tmp file to access then net..

and if you disallow that then there are chances that it might not get installed properly...basically that .tmp file belongs to yahoo messenger installer only...

I cant think of anything other than this :(

Deep

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Nope, my firewall is disabled at all times. I have tried both the web based installer as well as downloaded the whole package and then tried installing it.

I do uncheck a few options like Y! toolbar etc as I don't need them. Could they be the culprit?

Deep

Version 2.0
ctrl_alt_del said:
Nope, my firewall is disabled at all times. I have tried both the web based installer as well as downloaded the whole package and then tried installing it.

I do uncheck a few options like Y! toolbar etc as I don't need them. Could they be the culprit?

hmm, possible..try installing with it..and then remove yahoo toolbar from control panel...thats what I had done...

Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom