Xperia Z2 launched for Rs 49,990

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Sony Xperia Z2 specifications

5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine
2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AB) processor with Adreno 330 GPU
Android 4.4 (KitKat)
20.7MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, Sony G lens, 4K video recording, LED flash
2.2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
8.2mm thick and weighs 158 grams
IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance
3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory upto 64GB via microSD card
3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
3200 mAh Battery with STAMINA mode

The Sony Xperia Z2 comes in Black, White and Purple colors and is priced at Rs. 49,990 (MRP). It also comes with a protective cover worth Rs. 2,990 and Smartband worth Rs. 5,990 for free. Other addition freebies include, Accidental Damage Protection for 6 months, six hollywood movies for free via Xperia Lounge app and 2GB of free data for two months for Vodafone customers. It would be available across India starting from May 12th.

Price looks ok.. not too good not too bad..

$hadow

Geek in making
Man half a lac for a mobile phone. This is getting costly day by day. I was looking to buy this one but looks like I need to wait to see the price coming around 45k.

Hrishi

Why would someone buy this over Xperia Z1 ?? I don't find any major upgrade as such....compared to the price they have tagged to it.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If I see XDA topics right then the image sensor is same, so photo quality should be same as well, if anything is done, it has been done via post processing, which is again a software related thing, but hardware. But as it used Snapdragon 801 you will see faster response time and all, which is IMO very noticeable. As per display, the Z1 was really bad, but I have no idea about Z2, however Sony is not that dumb to not improve it. It has a gig RAM extra too.

Now do all of these worth of Rs.50k? Absolutely not. So if one is happy with Z1, then I don't see any point to upgrade. Please save your hard earned money. If I had a Z1 would I upgrade? Yes. Cause I love to waste money, and that'd be the only reason.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Why would someone buy this over Xperia Z1 ?? I don't find any major upgrade as such....compared to the price they have tagged to it.

its not for those who have z1.. its for those coming from older phones

- - - Updated - - -

really ?? I mean is the difference noticeable ??

screen is a huge huge improvement,.. the biggest cons of sony phones..
hardware wise camera is same but sony's camera hardware has always been great .. its their software team who did not know how to write a better software..
even apple uses sony camera in iphones and they do such a great job with it but sony themselves can't so this is a bold step for them..
software that's where the improvement is..

Ram is 1 gb more

chipset is same snapdragon 800 just slightly overclocked and rebranded as Qualcomm did not had the new CPU in time for Z2..
so they decided to fool the public and use snapdragon 800 and overclock it.. Snapdragon 805 is their next cpu

in performance you won't feel a difference.. these phones will drop to 35k in 4 months easily..

i would wait for Z3 with snapdragon 805 or buy this one when it will be 35k (ofcourse if i had cash :p )

Hrishi

Bought a Z1 few weeks back for a close friend.... I do agree that the screen was not remarkable for a current flagship phone. I mean , I compared it with my LG Optimus G , and it was nowhere closer in terms of brilliancy and appeal.
Not being biased but G blowed it out in screen quality.
Camera was good , but pretty high noise in low light. I guess , I started using DSLR recently so my opinions would be definitely biased and harsh. But still way better camera than my G.
Speakers were not loud , if compared with G.

I hope they may have improved on Screen and Volume for sure.

DDIF

Custom User Title
I have Z1 and N5, I don't see any real upgrade over Z1. And [MENTION=140405]Rishi.[/MENTION] you are right, screen is not good on default. Buggy white balance and light sensing. But if you change white balance and turn off auto-brightness then it is awesome.
Changin chipset and adding 1 gig RAM isn't justified for 12k price raise.
Though I do agree that it's a lot better than S5.
Better buy Nexus 5 over all these crap phones and I say from experience.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I have Z1 and N5, I don't see any real upgrade over Z1. And [MENTION=140405]Rishi.[/MENTION] you are right, screen is not good on default. Buggy white balance and light sensing. But if you change white balance and turn off auto-brightness then it is awesome.
Changin chipset and adding 1 gig RAM isn't justified for 12k price raise.
Though I do agree that it's a lot better than S5.
Better buy Nexus 5 over all these crap phones and I say from experience.

Hey, a bit offtopic but how exactly did you brick your RT-N66U??? DD-WRT???

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
*Off-Topic*
Nope, I never liked DD-WRT, I was using TomatoUSB, I think it was due to lightning, not sure.

Whoa, that was some freaking hot sh*t your router went through....

Anyway, on topic, will sony be having something like an echange offer for the Z1???
Cause I really would like to trade in my Z1 for the Z2...
Can't believe they would put such a crappy display on their flagship phone... :-x

Top Bottom