XP SP3...delayed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft quietly let it be known this week that it plans yet again to delay *smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/shout.gif the release of Service Pack 3 for Windows XP users, this time until some point in the first half of 2008.... *www.securitycrawler.com/2006/12/05/3230-microsoft-delays-service-pack-3-again

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
By that time More than 75% of the world will be using Vista.
What is the use of releasing it then.:confused:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
techtronic said:
How can they maximise profits on Windows Vista
if they release XP SP3 now ?
bcoz if they release SP3 now, then many ppl might drop their ideas to upgrade to Vista bcoz SP3 will definitely come with some extra stuffs, like SP2 came with Security centre ;)

And after SP3 ppl will get a little trouble after installing a fresh XP with SP3 integrated, coz there r more than 50 updates available after SP2 :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
^^
The problem is, Autopatcher people now face trouble packaging a Full pack, cause the size has grown a lot. I fear Autopatcher will stop XP updates by 2007 depending upon the update sizes that release later on. Currently its around 200~ MB I guess, should become more than a CD by 2007 mid :(

jal_desai

In the zone
if u love downloading service packs.. then why download for XP... wait for vista... soon after its release in one month or so... they will start the tradition of SPs for vista

OCker

Right off the assembly line
who wnts sps?
either we'll b switchin too vista,, or to any linux distro if its expensive and hs a crappy validation concept

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
The problem is, Autopatcher people now face trouble packaging a Full pack, cause the size has grown a lot. I fear Autopatcher will stop XP updates by 2007 depending upon the update sizes that release later on. Currently its around 200~ MB I guess, should become more than a CD by 2007 mid

dont warry QM... AutoPatcher started a treand of Packing updates... we already have a major player as unofficial SP3 :)) so competition will push they to continue with it.. if they dont we will have any other package.. :)

also about size.. day by day AutoPatcher releases are shifting to torrets... so if people can download GBs of data ;) with Torrents.. then why cant we download autopathcer ??

well in a establishment where u have 50 / 60 PC running windows XP there SP3 is allways welcome over Vista... its not possible to some time go for a huge licensing right-a-way ... u need planing an funding... so in those area SP3 will allways be welcome before Vista.... :)

Last edited:

OCker

Right off the assembly line
may be its time releasing specific autopatchers
lik removin updates dat were new a year ago....

dat way they cn keep a check on their package size

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
What'z the big deal in size of autopatcher? If CD is not sufficient, put it into DVD! Making it available online also is not a bad idea.

S

shashank_digitreader

Hope it does not require stupid requirements(high end) and vista required.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
kiran.rkk said:
What'z the big deal in size of autopatcher? If CD is not sufficient, put it into DVD! Making it available online also is not a bad idea.
It is available online actually. Even though downloading huge packages may not be a problem for many, it sure is a big deal to the developer team at Neowin to keep track and lists of the slew of updates they need to pack. A DVD of AutoPatcher? Forget it, this isnt a joke :p

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
This means, that Microsoft has got the hints that Vista is not gonna sell in the market.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
QwertyManiac said:
It is available online actually. Even though downloading huge packages may not be a problem for many, it sure is a big deal to the developer team at Neowin to keep track and lists of the slew of updates they need to pack. A DVD of AutoPatcher? Forget it, this isnt a joke :p

Hey dude...My quote was with reference to the discussion which is going towards the size of Autopatcher. Some are getting annoyed with the size. I just meant that if CD is not sufficient..well always there is a DVD!
And regarding Autopatcher availability online..hehe I know that it is available online. Infact posts on it too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom