XP Setup Again n Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to Install XP on my PC but after setup finishes and PC automatically restarts..It again starts the setup and same again n again....

I installed RAID driver for SATA DVD Drive...My friend told me that this driver is creating problem or sometime it may damages the BIOS...

What should I do now ???

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

are u (repeatedly) pressing the "PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD" option..??? after XP has been successfully installed.. coz it will jus bring u back to the installation screen again..

so once u hv installed XP, wen the PX restarts again, this time DO NOT press any key infact that msg will disappear and PC will continue to load windows GUI (the next step of XP installation) :)

or, if u are NOT pressing the key, then jus format the drive and reinstall XP afresh.. :)

post ur problems here so tat i can guide u better.. :)

OP
bajaj151
^^

are u (repeatedly) pressing the "PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD" option..??? after XP has been successfully installed.. coz it will jus bring u back to the installation screen again..

so once u hv installed XP, wen the PX restarts again, this time DO NOT press any key infact that msg will disappear and PC will continue to load windows GUI (the next step of XP installation) :)

or, if u are NOT pressing the key, then jus format the drive and reinstall XP afresh.. :)

post ur problems here so tat i can guide u better.. :)

I formatted the whole disk..after that I start setup. But after completing the setup...windows restarts and setup start again (I don't press any key)...

I tried 3-4 CDs...but same problem...

aswin1

Journeyman
Are you using more than 1 Hard disks. Then just unplug one and try again.Post your config.

Flake

Linux User
Eject Installation CD when system reboots, insert it again when system boot up and Windows Logo appear.

OP
bajaj151
Are you using more than 1 Hard disks. Then just unplug one and try again.Post your config.

No...Single HDD

Config:

AMD K8S-MS Mobo
80GB PATA HDD
Samsung DVD-Writer SATA
Samsung Cd Drive

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Eject Installation CD when system reboots, insert it again when system boot up and Windows Logo appear.

Windows logo does not appear....Setup starts again.
I tried both ways: Cd in drive...Cd not in drive...(after setup finishes)

papul1993

not a newbie.....
during the first step in xp setup it copies core files to hd and then it restarts. after that a message appears during boot to press any key to boot from cd. do not press any key. then it will show the windows logo and installation will continue. do not remove the cd during this process.

OP
bajaj151
during the first step in xp setup it copies core files to hd and then it restarts. after that a message appears during boot to press any key to boot from cd. do not press any key. then it will show the windows logo and installation will continue. do not remove the cd during this process.

Tried this too....but same problem :(

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

are the CDs corrupted or wat..?? u can always get a spare XP installation CD from ahem* sources.. try tat..

aswin1

Journeyman
Try booting from a boot CD like Hirens and format the HDD. Try repairing the partitions check for hidden ones. Also repair Bootsector and try reinstalling. Alternatively try installing vista or linux and see if the problem persists.

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
There is a problem with your Boot Sector. It has become corrupted or something. You'll have to use third-party tools like aswin1 mentioned (Hiren's Boot CD, etc.) and format your HDD.
Because of this the XP setup is not able to write into your Boot Sector. I also faced this problem once!

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
u should first try the cd on a virtual box on ur frnds computer and then boot it from ur cd on ur com .....

also gve ur config...............

it might nt be compaitable......

OP
bajaj151
There is a problem with your Boot Sector. It has become corrupted or something. You'll have to use third-party tools like aswin1 mentioned (Hiren's Boot CD, etc.) and format your HDD.
Because of this the XP setup is not able to write into your Boot Sector. I also faced this problem once!

Ok..will try this too

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^

lolzz...i did dat silly mistake when i formatted my PC for the 1st time...hahaha:lol:

hansraj

In the zone
Could u solve ur problem???
I too faced similar problem few months back. The problem was not with the XP cd or pressing the "Any" key...lol. Problem was with the boot sector.

How did i overcome?
I had earlier formatted my pc with the hirens cd. Then with Partition Wizard. All these softwares were causing problem!
So, I reformatted my complete hard disk by deleting all the existing partitions with the help of XP cd itself and then re-creating the partitions. Of course for this I had to back up the complete data which I am sure u too must have done.
So try doing the same thing. When we format the hd with certain third party softwares the required "system" partition does'nt get created thus resulting in the MS OS to re-install again and (again)^n

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^my frnds HDD faced similar problem...i was not booting & formatting...so i connected it 2 my PC....& to my surprise....his 80GB was diminished to 40GB :-o...i dont know how....in BIOS also it was showing 40GB......where is the rest 40GB i dont know...:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom