XP boot time

maxx15

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone...
If you use the /sos switch in boot.ini,while the machine boot it shows a blue window which display the xp build number,number of proc.etc....How to remove or disable the display of this blue window to speed up the boot time????plzzz help:)

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
/SOS switch displays the driver names while they are being loaded u can remove it by editing the boot.ini file but be careful u can op it from
Control Panel>System>Adanced>Startup & Recovery>Settings>Edit

OP
M

maxx15

@mithun_mrg i am not talking about the drivers..I am talking about the blue window which starts during sos boot showing xp build number,max memory,no. of processors...I am not talking of removing the /sos switch from boot.ini..I am talking of removing the blue screen for more fast boot

@MIthun i am not talking of drivers....I am talking of removing the blue screen which displays the xp build number,max. memory, no. of processors etc

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
click start run msconfig>boot.ini verify none of the options r checked also see if it contains the bootlog /sos switches if possible post a ss here

OP
M

maxx15

I did but still the blue screen loads and shows XP Build number etc..I want to remove the blue screen

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Hello everyone...
If you use the /sos switch in boot.ini,while the machine boot it shows a blue window which display the xp build number,number of proc.etc....How to remove or disable the display of this blue window to speed up the boot time????plzzz help:)

go to msconfig, and then see the boot.ini & services auto ram during startup. Un-check any option which you don't need.

This will help you to reduce the boot time of win xp.

Top Bottom