XIAOMI POCO F1 LAUNCHED

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Source: Xiaomi Poco F1 launched in India at Rs 19,999, to go on sale on 29 August- Technology News, Firstpost
Days after announcing its sub-brand Pocophone in India, Xiaomi has finally launched the brand new Poco F1 smartphone in India.

The phone has been priced at an incredible Rs 20,999 for the base model (6 GB + 64 GB), going up to Rs 29,999 for the kevlar-backed armoured edition in an 8 GB + 256 GB configuration. There's also a 6 GB RAM and 128 GB variant which is priced at Rs 23,999 and an 8 GB RAM, 256 GB storage standard edition priced at Rs 28,999.

The phone will go on sale starting 29 August exclusively on Flipkart and Mi.com at 12 pm. If that wasn't crazy enough, the phone will debut with an introductory price of just Rs 19,999, Rs 22,999 and Rs 27,999, with an additional rebate of Rs 1,000 for HDFC debit and credit card holders.

Under the hood, it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC paired with an Adreno 630 GPU and comes with 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage. The storage can be expanded via a microSD card.

SD845 at 21k :shock:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
SD845 at 21k :shock:

^^^^
Only reason why I respect only Xiaomi out of these Chinese oems. Yes they have their flaws like notch, os etc. but the performance is top notch when it comes to price performance ratio.
And in other news I read that BUGplus will increase the prices of their 6t phone which will also have the 845. Take that BUGplus.

OP
SaiyanGoku

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^^^^
Only reason why I respect only Xiaomi out of these Chinese oems. Yes they have their flaws like notch, os etc. but the performance is top notch when it comes to price performance ratio.
And in other news I read that BUGplus will increase the prices of their 6t phone which will also have the 845. Take that BUGplus.
I watched parts of the live stream and they said that they took suggestions from users for the phone's development. Polycarbonate back was preferred over glass but them still using a notched display is beyond any logic. As for MIUI, there would be dev support on xda so anybody can replace it with aosp based roms.

ssb1551

Technomancer
20k for SD845 and QC 3 in the 2nd half of 2018 is amazing!! If the camera is anywhere near to Note 5 Pro then it will be darn good phone!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
The notch can be disabled, black bar appears there
On paper, the notched phones look much better than similar phones without it, much higher ppi

TheSloth

The Slowest One
This is from Flipkart. I guess notch isn't going anywhere for few years at least
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180822/b79e696897da92a611c630b724d89855.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180822/f40e50b2abc412906177e45a1a9e7ef6.jpg

Edit : are the pics too big on PC? I am browsing from app right now so I don't know. Let me know if it's trouble for pc users and I will remove the pics or post small pics tomorrow evening. I haven't posted pics through tapatalk so I don't if it compresses pics before posting online.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Don't worry about the pics
Think the cohorts are a bit off, millennials are 23-35 afaik, 95 onwards is Gen Z

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The notch can be disabled, black bar appears there
On paper, the notched phones look much better than similar phones without it, much higher ppi

I tend to disagree, they look horrible. Look at Find X and Nex, junk phones but cool concept. S10 might have the sensors and front camera behind the screen giving us close to 100% screen to body ratio. This notch bubble will burst soon.

This is from Flipkart. I guess notch isn't going anywhere for few years at least
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180822/b79e696897da92a611c630b724d89855.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180822/f40e50b2abc412906177e45a1a9e7ef6.jpg

Edit : are the pics too big on PC? I am browsing from app right now so I don't know. Let me know if it's trouble for pc users and I will remove the pics or post small pics tomorrow evening. I haven't posted pics through tapatalk so I don't if it compresses pics before posting online.

A survey by Flipkart? Wait, what. What's the survey method used? Any tests? I guess even Flipkart won't know about that. Notches will have to go, period.

Flash

Lost in speed

or it's just a sponsored survey by the company.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I watched parts of the live stream and they said that they took suggestions from users for the phone's development. Polycarbonate back was preferred over glass but them still using a notched display is beyond any logic. As for MIUI, there would be dev support on xda so anybody can replace it with aosp based roms.
Yup, they took feedback from subreddits.
Honor on the other hand ....

chetansha

In the zone
Issues reported by Poco F1 Certified Buyers at Flipkart

1) Bad Audio Output
2) Drop it, you break it
3) Plenty software bugs
4) No HD support in Netflix and other similar services
5) OK Camera
6) Cheap Looks

Product Link : Reviews Poco F1 Steel Blue 128 Gb - Latest Review of Poco F1 Steel Blue 128 Gb, India | Flipkart.com

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tend to disagree, they look horrible. Look at Find X and Nex, junk phones but cool concept. S10 might have the sensors and front camera behind the screen giving us close to 100% screen to body ratio. This notch bubble will burst soon.

A survey by Flipkart? Wait, what. What's the survey method used? Any tests? I guess even Flipkart won't know about that. Notches will have to go, period.

I think Notch is going to stay as like the selfie craze.

Top Bottom