Xiaomi infringes Ericsson patents, ordered to stop sales in India

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
The Delhi High Court has ordered Xiaomi to stop sales, advertising, manufacturing or importing of devices in India. This is the result of the company infringing upon Ericsson's standard essential patents. Ericsson has managed to get an injunction against Xiaomi, which prevents the later from operating in India.

*cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/14/12/xiaomi-india-ban/gsmarena_001.jpg

Source :- Xiaomi infringes Ericsson patents, ordered to stop sales in India - GSMArena.com news

sushovan

In the zone
Delhi court judgements dont last. In last few years majority of their judgements have been overturned by Supreme Court. 377 anyone?

A

amit.tiger12

Delhi court judgements dont last. In last few years majority of their judgements have been overturned by Supreme Court. 377 anyone?

hey did you buy xiaomi phone?
they are good at that price.

I think this case will increase the sell of Xiaomi in India, if they win the case. The next hearing is in the month of Feb so lets see...

tkin

Back to school!!
Xiaomi is going to feel the heat now. A major portion of any phone's price goes to pay for patents, patents held by companies like Ericsson, Nokia etc who pioneered telecommunication. And another portion goes for R&D. Xiaomi does neither but rides free. It's time they pay the due. Let's see if they can sell nexus 5 like device for 13k now.

tkin

Back to school!!
This one might stick. There's nothing controversial here. I'm guessing a licensing deal like micromax.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This is why I hate the bloody patent system. Everyone just trying step on everyone elses toes. What was the most productive thing that Ericsson has ever done with those patents?

bikramjitkar

In the zone
This is why I hate the bloody patent system. Everyone just trying step on everyone elses toes. What was the most productive thing that Ericsson has ever done with those patents?

Ericsson isn't just some patent troll but an organization that spends billions on R&D and IP that they need to protect. The report clearly states that they contacted Xiaomi to settle the dispute but, in typical Chinese fashion, Xiaomi paid no heed and continued violating their patents. The Chinese need to learn that they can't just get away by stealing intellectual property while others have to pay to license the same.

tkin

Back to school!!
Ericsson is one of the leading researchers in mobile communications. The guys who spend a lot to make new technologies. Read up on wiki. Ericsson does not patent phone shapes or ui elements like some fruit companies.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Ericsson is one of the leading researchers in mobile communications. The guys who spend a lot to make new technologies. Read up on wiki. Ericsson does not patent phone shapes or ui elements like some fruit companies.

+1,for this.
Ericsson, has some pioneering communication technologies on its crown,that has made the world for communication what we see today.
They really don't bother about some silly,petty,cheap issues regarding infringement of patent rights unlike :apple: versus samsung

Minion

Conversation Architect
Ericsson isn't just some patent troll but an organization that spends billions on R&D and IP that they need to protect. The report clearly states that they contacted Xiaomi to settle the dispute but, in typical Chinese fashion, Xiaomi paid no heed and continued violating their patents. The Chinese need to learn that they can't just get away by stealing intellectual property while others have to pay to license the same.

Still Ericsson is shitty company.what have they done for people of india as far i remember they don't even hire people by taking interviews just referal only.and why they only target xiaomi and micromax because they are growing fast.

$hadow

Geek in making
+1,for this.
Ericsson, has some pioneering communication technologies on its crown,that has made the world for communication what we see today.
They really don't bother about some silly,petty,cheap issues regarding infringement of patent rights unlike :apple: versus samsung

Samsung can carry even the slightest of issues to the court room.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Still Ericsson is shitty company.what have they done for people of india as far i remember they don't even hire people by taking interviews just referal only.and why they only target xiaomi and micromax because they are growing fast.

+1,to this also.
You are referring the ideals of a company,which is more important to itself and mankind as a whole.
The same reason for which,I used to hate Intel (due to its backdoor ,shoddy practises,extortion and infringement of issues relating to patents,etc...)and was an AMD fanboy till then.But this fanboyism itself is illogical.
Simply put all Tech. related companies are same for us/me,big or small.As they only intend to reap profits by any means.They are no charitable trust as all of us know.

Top Bottom