XFX8600GT has heating probs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooki

Broken In
im building a friend's system with an xfx8600gt 256ddr3 xxx edition.
ive heard quite a few horror stories about how hot the xfx8600gt 256 gets at times.
has that issue been solved with the newer cards over here?
anyone here with the same card running at normal temps on idle? no overclocking.
i saw the card and the fan seems to be a little different than the ones shown on various websites like newegg, and the xfx box also is the bigger one...
will i have any heat issues with this card?

OP
K

kooki

Broken In
thanks for the reply.how can I differentiate between udf3 and udf7 models? And how hot will it run compared to my 8600 512 ddr2 which idles at 55 c

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Palit 8600GT Sonic+ is a nice card.

Better is the ASUS EN8600GT 256MB GDDR3

And if its a upgrade ur doing then get a Palit 9600GSO 384MB GDDR3 ;).

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
UDF3 has heating issues and UDF7 has LESS heating issues.

But ur better off with ASUS or Palit cards. The best choice would be a Palit 9600GSO as I said.

OP
K

kooki

Broken In
ok so UDF3 has less heating issues rite?... ill go for that. cant go for other brands, my friend wont listen lol.
my xfx8600 512 ddr2 has a slightly diff copper HSF, would it be possible to swap the HSF's and would it make it better?
also, how loud is this card? i read in a lot of places that it its kinda loud, my 8600 has never been too loud.
i dont want it to go above 60 at idle cuz ill be running the nvidia gpu temp gadget on the vista sidebar.

OP
K

kooki

Broken In
I know xfX ain't the best but that's the card I have to get it for a friend. Cant get anythin else n its already ordered.Can u help me with the following
1- will replacing the hSF with my 8600 ddr2 copper one make it run cooler?
2- how loud does the 8600gtxxx run compared to mine
3- would some thermal paste help
4-how good is the hsf of the 8600gtxxx compare to mine overall

I know these cards can handle high temps well but I don't want it to idle above 50cc

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
like i said it only has some higher temperatures..the heat issue like 100 degree above temps was with the UDF-7 version only..so no need to do all this

and it does not run loud for sure

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
ok, just to relieve you....not all udf7 cross 90 degrees! :p
i am using 8600GT from XFX (UDF7) for an year and its going all good. Not to mention that it overclocks nice.
And dont worry, the card will idle around 50C ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom