Xenforo Feedback Thread

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
^
Then why this forum isn't featured in the magazine? Weird. I remember years back when @Allu Azad post from the forum was printed in the digit magazine, everyone liked it here.
Is the telegram group that active or productive??
Or is it more like they want their presence in smartphone area but since they don't have dedicated app they went for Telegram group?
I think they were just giving the telegram group an initial boost. Its not digit who wants digit to have a smartphone presence, its the consumers I think, since people have been begging them to create a whatsapp group for years now.

To further add on advertisement of forum:
Below editors column, in a small area with heading "Discussions, links to interesting threads are given, but the posts are not printed, ". Below that are the links where you join the discussions -:
"Web: geek.digit.in | forum:geek.digit.in/community | Facebook: facebook.in/digitgeek".

The TG group is usually marketed as an easy way to give feedback on the mag, and I don't think interacting with the editors is so easy in TDF. So, thus the advertising of the telegram group is easily visible besides the feedback column, on the arguably the first page of the mag.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Forum signatures should now support some extra stuff
Or we can replace this pic on the server too

*geek.digit.in/community/styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-logo.png
Will check this.
Uh can point it where that is not a problem. Need to find the logo first :D
Oh! so much talk about that logo lol. Removing it does this.

View attachment 20100

I really should not be the one asking this question, but... has anyone seen a "The Digit Forum" logo?

Here it is!
image_2021-03-31_041820.png

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think you should use a PNG with transparent background. That way you can use the same logo for light as well as dark themes.

Currently I am using a greasemonkey script to add the Digit logo from the main site to the forum. It looks like this :

Dark:

1617152955969.png

Light:

1617152999683.png

This image is somewhat rough around the edges but I think this is better than nothing.

Æsoteric Positron

Hey I know posting this could be potentially unhelpful and cringy, but I quite liked the theme in this forum The JoyFreak Community Thread , had to make sure it was infact xenforo based. Can we implement something like that in here?

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I think you should use a PNG with transparent background. That way you can use the same logo for light as well as dark themes.

Currently I am using a greasemonkey script to add the Digit logo from the main site to the forum. It looks like this :

Dark:

View attachment 20103

Light:

View attachment 20104

This image is somewhat rough around the edges but I think this is better than nothing.

This is sooo Digit lol. Tell me one good reason why we should change anything now :D

Æsoteric Positron

Dark mode by default? Yeah!
I didn't mean that, but now its implemented I love the difference it makes! I meant things their theme has, like better visible title in the threads
09.18.14-The JoyFreak Community Thread _ JoyFreak — Mozilla Firefox.png
the mention of who is OP of the thread, toggle for light and dark theme etc. That's why I was afraid to post it, AFAIK these features could be hard to implement without the access to the theme ....
Hope nothing is broken :)
I wouldn't say broken, but, while this theme looks better than shades of grey, it makes certain elements hard to see, for example checkboxes and highlighted text. Maybe its just me though, do you also see the same problem?
08.42.56-Account details _ Digit Technology Discussion Forum — Mozilla Firefox.png
08.43.07-Account details _ Digit Technology Discussion Forum — Mozilla Firefox.png

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I didn't mean that, but now its implemented I love the difference it makes! I meant things their theme has, like better visible title in the threadsView attachment 20111the mention of who is OP of the thread, toggle for light and dark theme etc. That's why I was afraid to post it, AFAIK these features could be hard to implement without the access to the theme ....

I wouldn't say broken, but, while this theme looks better than shades of grey, it makes certain elements hard to see, for example checkboxes and highlighted text. Maybe its just me though, do you also see the same problem?
View attachment 20109 View attachment 20110
Have you tried the "Shades of blue" theme?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Used photopea.com to modify the jpeg logo which I had in my archives and converted to png. Refer attached logos.

I also tried to attach PSD, so if anyone wants to use them to modify can do that, but forum don't allow that extension.

So get PSD here: digit_Logo

Attachments

• DigitLogo_1.png
    DigitLogo_1.png
    50 KB · Views: 226
  • DigitLogo_2.png
    DigitLogo_2.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 132
  • DigitLogo_3.png
    DigitLogo_3.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 139
  • DigitLogo_4.png
    DigitLogo_4.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 134

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
DigitLogo_1.png has some white areas near the borders of the characters when viewed with dark background.

1617339464879.png

Rest look good

Top Bottom