Xbox 720 : When will it hit markets ?! Chk it.

gameranand

Living to Play
thetechfreak said:
The thing is that they have outdated hardware. Even the PS3 is very slow compared to modern day PC graphic card's , etc
OK they are outdated now but they were not outdated when they were released and If you are considering price then also PS3 gives you a Blu Ray player and you know what that cost in market plus that mighty beast cell processor and all other component. My point is that prices of consoles can't be that low because they also have a production value and they can't give a component for that less. If you see carefully then even now PS3 deliver completely for the price you pay for it now. And we should remember that USA made a supercomputer using those cell processor. It has 8 cores which are still not available for our desktops.
asingh said:
Have you seen a PS3 render on a 40" full HD screen. Looks better than a PC. It is highly optimized...!
Agreed. +1.

Sarath

iDota
You guys are forgetting that we load windows as an OS on PCs and then run the PC games on it.

But a console is built ground up to do one thing and one thing only. Game. The OS which i have no idea about doesnt eat up any proc power as much as the Win does.

Also optimisation of games on consoles is much better than for PCs. I still doubt if Crysis 3 will run on my PC but it will on my PS3 if it comes within the time line. [Ok both will look crappy on old harware]

Playing on a console on a 40" screen is always more rewarding than playing on a 15-24" monitor. And a couch to rest you butt on +1 for consoles.

Also it doesnt matter on bit which is slower or faster. Forget the cell proc, forget the gtx580 in your rig. Its about games and how immersive they are. Remeber Wii outsold both xbox and PS when it launched & a few years after that. That darned thing doesnt even have HD. But people dont care. They had more fun waving their hands around than sitting on the couch mashing a few buttons.

PC is good for FPS and strategy. Consoles for everything else.

I own a PS3 and a decent gaming rig [HD 6970]. The sole reason I got the PS3 was to play God of War. The sole reason I got the PC is to play Crysis 2.

Each serve their purpose. If you are a true gamer you ought to buy both. The only reason I have seen people playing solely on the PC is coz its so easy to umm get games on the PC. [Haha you paid 2.5k for Grid, I have it for free on my PC. Seriously I dont care. Thats half the reason why the head of Crysis said: releasing crysis 2 only on the PC platform isnt feasible anymore and that they make more money on the consoles]

gameranand

Living to Play
I was solely talking about the price and the hardware that the price you pay is worth the product you are getting at your hand. Yes consoles have great game titles but so does PC. Hey we still don't have CNC or SC or COH for consoles right. The thing is developers working for consoles can optimize their games very well because each and every console has same hardware unlike PCs where there are thousands and millions of combinations.

Sarath

iDota
Firstly its your personal preference. Be confortable with what you play be it CS on the PC, GT5 on the PS3 or Angry birds on your phone. At the end of the day its all about immersion.

I did not post it in response to any single individual here. To put it shortly all I am saying is sit back grab the controller and play NFS Hot Pursuit on the PS3. Go back relax and fire up Crysis 2 on your PC. You will see each one holds its own ground when it comes to certain types of games. Its the end user experience I want people here to concentrate about.

I have seen many people getting to paranoid about the specifications of their gaming device. People youtube(ing) PS3vsXbox360 and PCvsConsoles how crysis sucks on the consoles or the PC etc etc. Most users either dont know about it or will not notice it.

Like I said there is still a line between the consoles and PC. Unless that is bridged I dont think there will ever be a fair comparison between the two.

I want people to own both a console and PC. Not possible in many cases I know. But if you do like me you will see that you have found a sweet spot for every type of game. Gamers bliss.

Also what is CNC or SC? I have no idea.

gameranand

Living to Play
Sarath said:
Firstly its your personal preference. Be confortable with what you play be it CS on the PC, GT5 on the PS3 or Angry birds on your phone. At the end of the day its all about immersion.
Yes of course its a personal take. I was actually talking that consoles can't be that cheap like 10K. :)
Sarath said:
I have seen many people getting to paranoid about the specifications of their gaming device. People youtube(ing) PS3vsXbox360 and PCvsConsoles how crysis sucks on the consoles or the PC etc etc. Most users either dont know about it or will not notice it.
Well Xbox360 vs PS3 is good because both are solely made for gaming and have similar purpose. And yes I do agree that the difference is that small that most won't even notice and atleast not in a video. :))
Sarath said:
Also what is CNC or SC? I have no idea.
CNC - Command and Conquer Series
SC - Starcraft Series
Both are PC exclusive. :)):))

Sarath

iDota
Wasnt this thread locked?
Anyways we seem to be saying the same thing with different choice of words.

The consoles are sold at a loss anyways. So yeah they can be 10k too although that seems close to impossible. I read that the cost to manufacture 1 PS3 was Rs.80000. It was sold at a loss at Rs.30k? at launch.

Sony has announced that it wont be developing any new tech for the upcoming NGP and PS4 and would be using available materials. This would make them more economical and viable. I think their experience with Cell processor has taught them something.

Nothing beats PC for strategy games and FPS. I agree to that. Exclusives vs exclusives battle is a never ending war.

Will end this discussion now. Lets wait for PS4 and Xbox (version 3).

Top Bottom