Xbox 720 : When will it hit markets ?! Chk it.

EL!TE

Broken In
The rumours will never have an end. The current widespread speculations about the new generation game console from Microsoft called Xbox 720 would be released sometime in 2011 could not be founded. The internet is full of such speculations and one wonders what might embolden the perpetuators of that rumour into believing that the company will release the product very soon. Even the spokesman for the company has always being very careful and selective about the way he comments on the release of the new product. .
I think that what is more acceptable is to say that the product may likely hit the market about the year 2012 or 2013. You will be hearing all sorts of things regarding the release of the product by Microsoft and one may wonder whether the originators of the rumours are insiders within the Microsoft Company.
A high ranking official of the Microsoft Corporation Robbie Bach who was in charge of both Device Distribution and Amusement in the Microsoft Company under whose portfolio the development of the new game directly fall under has cleared the air about those speculations.
We recall the man stated categorically that work on the new game console has already started; he could pronounce the extent as to which the work has progressed or, when the product would be launched. What is certain is that work is on going in the project and nobody knows how far. What can be deduced from the statement of this senior officer of Microsoft is that they will push ahead with the marketing of the 2005 game that is Xbox360.
-More specific date about the release of the new gaming console was made by Peter Moore the former boss in the entertainment division of the company. He hinted the idea that the product could be released around 2012 to 2013 depending on the development of the CPU which will match the gaming console. So it became clear that it is the issue of the developmentof the matching CPU that was prolonging the launch of the Xbox 720and the delay will continue until the company comes out with the CPU that will work with the system.However all these could point to the fact that Microsoft has gone far with the development of theXbox 720and is also developing the appropriate technology that could match it. They have to work further on the technology that could be easily integrated with the existing system.:)

Last edited:

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hmm..

You should develop habit to split post in paragraphs so that it gets easier to read. Anyways, I own XBOX 360 and I am definitely waiting for its newer version and have really high expectations from it.

OP
E

EL!TE

Broken In
Hmm..

You should develop habit to split post in paragraphs so that it gets easier to read. Anyways, I own XBOX 360 and I am definitely waiting for its newer version and have really high expectations from it.
Ok dude . .
And yup i own x360 too and xpecting high end x720 which should be unbeatable this time from its future rival like sony's PS4 . :p

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I am more interested in Sony's reply to this product because they did wonders with PS3 so I am kinda confused what they will bring next on the table for competetion with this one.

gameranand

Living to Play
To be honest I hardly think so because Sony knows very well that the reason PS3 is on top is because of the damn powerful hardware.

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
Maybe be because its so difficult to code for the PS3 (read somewhere) that no one taps its full potential.

If you take it to the exclusive vs exclusive level battle I dont think there's anything like God of War or Heavy rain on the Xbox360.

Also are you sure its Xbox 720? Another made up name?
We all know 360 was just so it doesnt look inferior to PS3 name wise [XB2 vs PS3]

gameranand

Living to Play
Only god knows whether they will fully tap the potential of PS3 till PS4 release or not. :))
Sarath said:
Maybe be because its so difficult to code for the PS3 (read somewhere) that no one taps its full potential.
Yes coding for PS3 is much harder then Xbox 360.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I hope this time both Sony and Microsoft release cheaper consoles and price their games lower too. Sony did a big mistake with PS3 in this respect. Most people still can't afford it.

Sarath

iDota
The next gen consoles are surely gonna be around 25k.
I am more worried about the games though. At 2500/- a piece thats a huge chunk off my pocket money (well thats all of it actually :()

gameranand

Living to Play
baccilus said:
I want them both to be less than 10K.
Hardly possible. You are forgetting that they are also basically computers and what are your expectations with a PC costing 10K or even 20K for gaming???

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
gameranand said:
You are forgetting that they are also basically computers and what are your expectations with a PC costing 10K or even 20K for gaming???
The thing is that they have outdated hardware. Even the PS3 is very slow compared to modern day PC graphic card's , etc
can we compare PS3 to current PC processors and Graphics card - Games-General-Discussions - General
The "RSX" GPU in the PS3 is literally a 7900GT at 550MHz with 8 ROPs disabled, and only 256MB of DDR3 1400MHz on a 128-bit memory bus. The Cell Processor is a custom IBM Power PC CPU and it's completely unlike anything we've ever seen, or likely will ever see in a desktop PC. It's not necessarily faster or slower than what you could put in your desktop, just different. It uses the Power PC instruction set, and is an in order processor, and is asymmetrical. The main core known as the PPU in the Cell is basically the same as one of the cores in the Xbox360's Xenos CPU; the Cell in the PS3 also has 7 SPEs (originally 8 but 1 was disabled to improve yields) and 1 of the SPEs is reserved to the PS3's OS, so developers really only have access to 6 of them. If you were doing something that required a lot of branch prediction, any semi-current desktop CPU would beat the Cell. Where the Cell shows its power is with scientific applications due to its massive FP performance, which would outperform even the QX9770 because that's all it was designed to do. If you take a look at the folding@home statistics, there are roughly 6 times as many active donors on Windows than there are PS3 donors, yet the PS3 group has a total performance rating a little over 5x higher than the Windows group.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Have you seen a PS3 render on a 40" full HD screen. Looks better than a PC. It is highly optimized...!

Top Bottom