Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ubisoft's Ghost Recon 3 is really gonna set the bar high for Xbox 360's Graphic realism.Its the wait that is killing everyone as this title was supposed to be the launch titles but sadly got pushed to make it a perfect title.I happened to have seen some of the Burnout Revenge Pics for the X360 on XBox Scene forums and they were totally mind blowing.Xbox 360 is no doubt a powerful console but till now the full potential hasn't been exploited.When all 3 console's Hit the market will be the time when we can decide on which is the best.Before that its better not to tarnish these console's on the basis of speculation.:D

usmayur

Broken In
What is the diff. bw X360 basic and premium? Also (graphics wise) are these consoles better than pc if u have a Geforce 6600?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
usmayur said:
What is the diff. bw X360 basic and premium? Also (graphics wise) are these consoles better than pc if u have a Geforce 6600?
There are currently 2 Xbox 360 versions which are being retailed and they are The Core version(Basic as you call it) and The Premium version.There is a lot of difference in both versions.For in-depth analysis take a look at the chart in this site.

And as for the Graphic capability,Dude believe me these console's will be able to produce far more power than any of the 6 series single cards.PS3 for that matter boasts of a Graphic power which is far superior than 2 6800Ultra's in SLI.Now Imagine the power for yourself.:D

mack

Right off the assembly line
Bieng a proud owner of a PS1 & PS2 :D :D
I Could Not be wrong in Saying the PS3 is going to rock the whole wide world of GAMING ITSELF!! 8)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
mack said:
Bieng a proud owner of a PS1 & PS2
I Could Not be wrong in Saying the PS3 is going to rock the whole wide world of GAMING ITSELF!!
I too belive PS3 is more advanced than Xbox 360. The most amazing thing is that if xbox 360 can generate slick graphics with a 8 GB disc then immagine what PS3 with 30 GB BR disc can do

vij26

Broken In
I have to say both are very good...( I don't know the PS3, coz no games have been really rendered on the machine) The Xbox 360 is great especially with HD:D (I and my friend have played it for over 10h a day at the EBgames store)
But the PS 3 has a advantage of supporting 1080p (atleast end of 2007) and that it has Wi-Fi + BT so you can connect the PSP and your mobile phone :roll: (Who will do that...)
the 360 is media center compatible (nothin' great)...
I would say gaming wise (forgeting about Home Entertainment and that kind of bullshit) both (SONY and Microsoft) have done a great job!!!
Well, Nintendo supports a max of 480p (like my "old" XBOX) :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't have the money for a PS3 then the XBOX 360 is more then a alternative.Forget the Revolution, I dont mind having a remote control for my TV, DVD Player, but for a gaming console :shock:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Details on the Revolution are scant but you can rest assured that it will come out before the PS3 does. And to be honest, it looks the best of the lot. It's sleek, slim, and will be available in multiple colors. I don't think that HD support makes either the 360 or the PS3 better than the Rev. Heck, the Rev might have HD support when it does come out. THe percentage of people who own HDTVs is really low and prices still at $2000+, not too many people will be making the shift anytime soon. And calling the new controller a remote is a grave insult to the fantastic design. It's unconventional but that doesn't make it bad. In fact, for the gyroscopic support it offers, it is the best design. Nintendo is taking a different route compared with MS and Sony - MS and Sony are just pumping up their hardware to make the games look better. Nintendo is actually trying something new that could revolutionize console gaming as we know it. There are other patents that Nintendo has filed - one of them has to do with vector imaging - which they haven't revealed much info about. And judging by how the innovative DS is consistently trouncing the PSP in terms of sales, I don't see why Nintendo can't pull off something spectacular with the Rev. Sure they could screw up big time and make a bad product but they're taking that risk which MS and Sony were afraid to take. Give them credit for that rather than degrading their controller.

How did you manage to not get kicked out by the EB Store for 10 hours? :lol:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
For those who have been foaming at the mouth watching KZ2 trailers and PS3 sepcs, here is a reality check.

Sure PS3 is an excellent piece of hardware and with time we will see some great games on it. But right now procaliming that it will trounce Xbox360 just on the sheer might of it's hardware will be a bit too early.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
maina231 said:
XBOX 360 or PS3 its the console producer and game companies are winning and people are losing.

Hmmm game companies are loosing dude. The current XBOX 360 (Premium) sells for $399 and sources tell that microsoft is loosing atleast $150 Per console. So the game companies make that lost money by selling Games and licensing ( no wonder why games r so expensive) .

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
PS3 is the waited one!!!

eagerly waitin for itz releaz ! :twisted:
BY the way which is more powerful PS3 or XBOX 360 :?:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Ambar said:
eagerly waitin for itz releaz !
BY the way which is more powerful PS3 or XBOX 360

PS3 is more powerful and also will be more expensive. Sony might keep a competative price against the 360

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Xbox 360 may gain on PS3 delay
Microsoft's Xbox 360 may get the window of opportunity it needs to capitalize on the next-generation console market.

Merrill Lynch on Friday suggested in a report that Sony's Playstation 3 may see a 6-12 month delay from its official spring launch.

The report also suggests that Microsoft may sell 10M Xbox 360 units by Dec. should customers opt to buy it rather than wait for the PS3.

Microsoft has been unable to capitalize on its early lead thus far due to component shortage problems that have limited its availability at retail.

NPD Group reported in mid-Feb. that the software giant has sold only 850,000 units to date.

The company expects to have enough units for walk-in customers in four-six weeks.

Microsoft would also score a key sales advantage during the 2006 holiday season should Sony delay the PS3's U.S. to release to 2007.

However, even if the PS3 is held back to next year, Microsoft will have to contend a two-way battle against Nintendo's Revolution console, scheduled to drop by Thanksgiving this year.

source

pickster

Professional Layabout.
vote

Play Station 3 rules...
will have backward support and blu-ray disk support..
will rock

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Next gen Wolfenstein to land on Xbox 360 this year

WorthPlaying.com recently conducted an interview with Todd Hollenshead, CEO of id Software, in which they learnt more about the development of Castle Wolfstein on next-generation consoles. That is, Xbox 360 will be the primary development platform for the game.

This had already been mentioned in an announcement back at last year's QuakeCon, but we now have confirmation. “Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is only in development for the PC currently. The next Wolf game is using the 360 as its primary development platform, but will be released on the PC as well” Hollenshead revealed.

Hollenshead also confirmed that id's next franchise will be internally developed, unlike the aforementioned hit titles.

“The new IP project is the main focus of the development team at id. We have the other projects that we're working on, like Wolf, ET:QW, and our efforts in the mobile phone games, but those are all using other teams as the primary development resource. I'm not sure when we'll begin discussing details of the new IP, but it will be the next game developed entirely by id and it WILL be cool.”

source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom