Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Xbox 360 Camera

Xbox 360 Camera Comming

The new xbox 360 camera will be able to do face mapping and in game video chat

More details have been discovered regarding Microsoft’s new camera. I tipster of Xbox360fanboy was able to take some great photos of the camera at last Month XFest held in Bellevue, Washington last month.

The tipster said that Microsoft didn't show off any features that used two cameras in tandem to analyze movement with the so-called "Project Vision.”

In the photos we are able to see three functions of the camera: Video chat, face mapping (which could be used for in game character likeness), as well as games which incorporate live video feeds.

It was also revealed that the new Xbox 360 camera would be released in the fall, not in may as originally speculated.

*www.xboxtoday.ca/images/xbox-360-camera-1.jpg
*www.xboxtoday.ca/images/xbox-360-camera-2.jpg
*www.xboxtoday.ca/images/xbox-360-camera-3.jpg

Source

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
This digimask technology is few yrs old , but i never saw it implemented , hope it does this time

hey y'all

plz, a million bucks, come my way! or save i have to, that s the only way! hy, cuz i want a PS3 thats why!

PS3! PS3 ! PS3!

i think Nintendo should shut down, they're losing their grip [ economincally and phisically! ] their DS sucked, and so will their "Revolution" ......their golden-mario boy-era is lllllllllllloooooooooooooooonnnnnnnggggggg gone!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ROFL!!!! That's the best joke I heard in a long time!! The DS sucked? Nintendo losing its grip economically? I guess that's why the DS continues to outsell the PSP consistenly and has sold about 5 million units and millions of games so far. Days of Mario are over? Seriously man, get some numbers to try and prove your audacious claims - Mario Kart DS sold more than a million units in the US alone. Want more numbers? Nintendo hit 1 million unique users on its WiFi service in less than 4 months - that's even quicker than the Xbox Live service. The new DS Lite is being sold for as much as $400 in some places (Japan and eBay) because demand is so high and it is yet to hit US shores. I could quote more numbers and stats that conclusively prove that the DS has done way better than the PSP and having used both the PS2 and the GameCube, I can say for sure that the GameCube is a much better machine.

Just for the record, at least the Revolution is not going to cost $800 or get delayed like the PS3. Try and understand Nintendo's philosophy behind the Revolution before trashing it. They're not trying to make better-looking games - they're making games that will play better and provide a fun gameplay experience. While others such as MS and Sony concentrate on visually improving games, Nintendo is looking at gameplay innovation.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Nenesis you took all my words :p . seriously when nintendo DS was announced pepole only knew that it would have a dual screen. but when they actually launched it had a touch screen in it and also multiplayer capabilities. The revolution is a revolution in gameplay. most prople might be putoff as the conroller is a remote. But wait!!! the remote is actually a smart position sensor which can locate the users position in 3D space :shock: . now you can play tennies not by pressing bttons but by actually playing the tennis shots. and sword fights is also the same one has to swing the contoller to defend or attack a opponent :D sounds intreasting?? tale alook at the controller.
*img223.imageshack.us/img223/8449/nintendocontroller3rf.th.jpg

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
PS3 will be techlnologically a little superior. But very few games would be able to make use of that 'little' superiorty. Ultimately it may not be a succes because of the cost. The blue ray disk thing is going to cost them big time. And i think in the current market scenerio,under huge competetion, they are being stupid, trying to use ps3 to promote this format. It may do a good job of promoting the blu-ray but it will be really bad for ps3.
But if all the consoles were free, i would choose PS3 any day. Unfortunately that is never going to happen for any one.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
How can you talk about the reliability of a system that has yet to enter mass production? It would be folly to assume that the PS3 will have no launch problems. They're going to have 1 million units at launch - but they're releasing the PS3 in 3 territories at the same time so there will be a mad scramble. Besides, the PS2 had more problems at launch than the Xbox 360 did.

saketkutta

Broken In
well i think ps3 gives good graphics coz ps3 has nvidia 7800 gpu while xbox 360 has ati's customed made gpu
and also ati have never manged to beat nvidia in terms of graphics well now u can find tht easily which has better graphics

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Never did Sony claim that the graphics processor would be a 7800 card. It's just called the "RSX Reality Synthesizer" and is rumored to better two 6800 Ultras. Besides, the graphics card alone doesn't make for pretty looking graphics. Everything has to work in sync for you to see pretty visuals else I could bundle a Celeron with a 7800 and get outstanding graphics. Sony made a lot of noise about the PS2's "Emotion Engine" but it was mostly hype.

Coming to your point about ATi always lagging behind, I have one thing to say - you have no idea what you are talking about.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Nemesis said:
Coming to your point about ATi always lagging behind, I have one thing to say - you have no idea what you are talking about.

lol , surely he is a fanboy , and the comment from a fanboy has no significance . its a race in which sometimes nvidia is ahead and sometimes ati .

speaking of the consoles , if Nintendo is able to provide what they are promising from revolution then the clear choice for me will be the Nintendo console , coz what Nintendo is doing is purely nexgen , these ppl have got ideas.

From years i have been playing games and eventually i have been doing same things over and over in all games(with some exceptions though) , but what Nintendo is doing will evolve gaming in new direction , better graphics are always good but we need something like spore to give gaming a new definition.

same with handhelds ,i initially supported the psp ,but no , seriously no , DS is what a handheld should be , look at the games they are offering , every game is different , games like Mario cart and Brain age which everyone can enjoy and this something which u have never played b4.

Anyone who says Nintendo shud shut down , should himself Shut Up!

saketkutta

Broken In
well in the digit gfx card comparision in high end has ever ati beat nvidia ---- no
so abt ps3 using 7800 i have read abt 5 months before in a comarision page betn ps3 and x360
so im not rong
abt revolution it may be good not checked its specs

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
How long have you been reading Digit? Have you ever read any graphics card reviews on hardware sites? If not, then go ahead and do so because you seem to be ignorant of what happens in the graphics cards market.

Give me a link to the article where you read about the PS3 having a 7800 and maybe, just maybe, I'll believe you.

Try to read what tarey_g said about the Revolution. Yes, Nintendo are NOT going for stunning visuals. They are going for gameplay innovation. So if you are going to go just by the specs, then Nintendo obviously has an under-powered console. But wait until E3 when Nintendo will demonstrate what you can do with the Revolution. Then maybe you'll realize where the "Revolution" really is happening.

saketkutta

Broken In
well m not against u guys but i am not against nintendo they have revolutioned gaming
but wht iam talking abt it 7800 in ps3 (frgot where i read tht) and im just readin digit
so tell me the link where theres gfx card comparisoin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom