xbox 360 S vs Gaming PC

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
pls tell me i'm planning on getting a xbox 360 4gb with the 320gb harddrive which comes to rs 23000. should i buy this or a gaming pc??
dont post that xbox has the RROD prob as pc's have their own infamous BSOD problem and the virus/malware problems
and i'm looking for the GAMING potential and not the jack-of-all-trades device(in which case i have my laptop)
i also have 15 pc games and am fed up of the infinite DRM and game clients

Champ

.NET Guru
Any specific reason to get 320Gb version ?

Regarding your confusion go through nicely written thread by Sarath
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consoles/143307-playstation-3-vs-gaming-pc.html

In short if u r not too particular about eye candy and want hassle free gaming get a console as per ur liking (Just remember console games cost way more).

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Any specific reason to get 320Gb version ?

Regarding your confusion go through nicely written thread by Sarath
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consoles/143307-playstation-3-vs-gaming-pc.html

In short if u r not too particular about eye candy and want hassle free gaming get a console as per ur liking (Just remember console games cost way more).

dude,i read sarath's informative thread but there was a depressing amount of anti-console posters there with sarath defending his ps3.oh and getting the 320 gb hdd?thats bcoz its more value for money (a 250gb xbox costs rs22990 while 4gb xbox + 320gb hdd costs 23000)AND you get a game free with the 320gig hdd

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Lets not fight over console vs PC shall we. PC always wins.

Silence.this is not a flame thread.and dont get me started on consoles vs pc in terms of GAMING. consoles kick pc @$$ BIG TIME(not in case of SCII and diablo 3).on other aspects though pc always wins

Krow

Crowman
Sir, kindly exercise politeness in your posts. I know you feel strongly about things. Just think about what you feel for a couple of minutes and post in such a way that it reads like an informed argument rather than a fanboy's rant. That way, we can have your queries answered minus any arguments which may arise. Thanks. :)

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Silence.this is not a flame thread.and dont get me started on consoles vs pc in terms of GAMING. consoles kick pc @$$ BIG TIME(not in case of SCII and diablo 3).on other aspects though pc always wins
why are you a REBELLION...you never agree with others who are far more tech experts..experience you just cant make a post better by using abuse languages,words..be more punctual and polite

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Sir, kindly exercise politeness in your posts. I know you feel strongly about things. Just think about what you feel for a couple of minutes and post in such a way that it reads like an informed argument rather than a fanboy's rant. That way, we can have your queries answered minus any arguments which may arise. Thanks. :)

ok dude, no expletives. i should have added i'm not intrested in ps3. i hate sony after what they did to my psp. i sent it to their official service centre since it was not working(the buttons were not working ) paid rs 2200 for a replacement too(way back in april 2010).till date my psp hasn't returned
and bieng a mod, can you suggest a config for a gaming pc? my budget is rs88000

Krow

Crowman
Please fill the PC Buyer's template for that. I don't think I'm the best man for rig advice. Others will definitely help you out though. :)

XBOX 360 if you want to play console specific titles like Gears of War etc etc. PC if you want to play games as well as use it for other purposes as well. XBOX won't be future proof for very long because of its ageing hardware. Whereas you can update the PC as per your requirements.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
ok change of plan's i'm going the Sarath way xbox 360 and gaming rig
my TV is dead it's one of those old flatscreen ones so i'l be connecting my xbox to my Rig's monitor
so please recommend 2 games to get with the xbox 360 and a good monitor for my rig(one with full HD 1080p and HDMI port )
my rigs budget is now rs63000

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Gaming rig for you :)

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k |13000
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3|8750
RAM |G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1665
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD 6950 1GB PCIE (Dual Fan Edition)|14500
HDD |WDC 250GB Blue WD2500AAKX|3766
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |Corsair GS600|4000
Case |NZXT Source 210 Elite|2300
Monitor |Benq G2222HDL|7600
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
UPS |APC 800VA|2800
Speakers |Logitech Z313|1680
| Total |61761

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@CommanderShawnzer: for 23k XBOX 360 is best.
console has an advantage like no upgrade needed & game runs @ full settings(not like low AA or ultra settings in PC)

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
gaming rig for you :)

component | make | price processor |intel core i5 2500k |13000
motherboard |gigabyte ga-z68p-ds3|8750
ram |g-skill ripjaws x f3-12800cl9s-4gbxl|1665
graphic card |sapphire hd 6950 1gb pcie (dual fan edition)|14500
hdd |wdc 250gb blue wd2500aakx|3766
dvd writer |asus 24x sata black dvd|1150
psu |corsair gs600|4000
case |nzxt source 210 elite|2300
monitor |benq g2222hdl|7600
keyboard & mouse |logitech mk200|700
ups |apc 800va|2800
speakers |logitech z313|1680
| total |61761

very good config, fits my budget perfectly!! :DTHANX A MILLION DUDE!!!:D

Tachyon1986

In the zone
You forgot one IMPORTANT thing. Console games cost a SHITLOAD compared to their PC counterparts. It's around Rs.2000-3000 average for a console game, while a PC is much lower (700-1200Rs. for most publishers).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
But a PC running AA and ultra settings, the end result is a lot better graphics than consoles :wink:

yes I know that but its a worrying part to gamers as each year new end hardware is released making their system old for gaming...which is not in console gaming (though graphics in PC is superb) :mrgreen:

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
ok people i know that console games cost WAY more than pc games thats why i'l only buy xbox 360 exclusive(e.g halo 3) and console exclusive games(e.g tekken 6)
and buy multiplatform games in thier pc versions if available

Top Bottom