Xbox 360 controller Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Today I was just browsing through GameFAQS forums for Kane & Lynch & stumbled across on a thread for getting co-op for this game working using generic gamepad.

If most of of you didn't know, Kane & Lynch requires an Xbox 360 controller to be plugged in for co-op mode on PC.Any other controller plugged in would only give you a crappy message "This game requires a Microsoft Xbox 360 controller to be plugged in.Please plug-in the controller to continue"

By using this Xbox 360 controller emulator designed by Racer_S, I was able to fool the game into thinking I own a Xbox 360 controller & got to play in co-op mode with my brother.Something which I have been wanting to do for a long time now.The game actually got the controls automatically assigned to my generic gamepad as if it was a 360 controller.Didn't need to configure a darn thing.

Here's a link for the file: *www.bizarrecreations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=16640

I'll post a brief tutorial of how it works out but a WARNING goes out to those who want to perform it, DO it at your own risk.I tried it only for one game as of now & it's working fine.As time permits I will be testing more GFW titles which mandate 360 controller to be plugged in.

Step 1: Download the rar file from the above link.
Step 2: Unrar it & you'll have 3 files, Viz Read Me file, src.zip & xinput1_3.dll
Step 3: The only file you would be needing is xinput1_3.dll.Create 3 copies of it & rename them to xinput1_3.dll, xinput1_2.dll and xinput1_1.dll.After that just copy these files to C:\Windows\System32 directory & replace them. (Back up the original xinput1_3.dll, xinput1_2.dll and xinput1_1.dll if you want)
Step 4: Once that is done, try the game & see if it maps your generic controller to the Xbox 360 one.

IF NOT then try this:
Step 1: Open Regedit (Back up Registry or do not try any modification without any prior experience)
Step 2: Note the name of your gamepad in Control Panel ---> Game controllers & note down it's name. In my case it was "Generic USB controller"
Step 3: Under regedit, Hit Ctrl+F & type the name of your controller & hit enter.You should get a result with your controllers OEMName listed on the right hand side.All you need to do is right click & Modify it's Value data to XBOX 360 Controller for Windows.Below is an image to illustrate how it looks.

*img140.imageshack.us/img140/3185/picbr6.th.jpg*img140.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

And Voilla.You're all done.The game should assume that you have a Xbox 360 controller plugged in.All you need is a generic gamepad & a game which requires a Xbox 360 controller.All credit goes to pablocoo for putting the way to get it to work on Kane & Lynch boards (GameFAQ forums) & Racer_S who has modified this .dll files.

Happy gaming.:D

NOTE: Before modifying anything in the Registry you're not sure about please confirm it out here.Rather than renaming anything & causing your software configuration to go haywire.

Last edited:

Barry Gillis

Right off the assembly line
It works great in Grid with my elcheapo ms-tech game pad, the only solution i could find for this and it works just great so far, you`re my hero for the day!

sipunsaxena@gmail.com

Right off the assembly line
sir i downloaded the x360.zip file from the file u had given,bt the files u hv mentioned there (Viz Read Me file, src.zip & xinput1_3.dll),am not able to recognize them ,because they are not written in the format as they are given by you.So please tell me which are those files in the zip file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom