Xandros buys Linspire !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/files/18981_qlbby/xandros_logo.png *www.imgx.org/files/3418_4jmmd/linspirelogouj3.png​

In an announcement that was sent out today, June 30, to Linspire stockholders, CEO Larry Kettler wrote that the stockholders had decided to sell all of Linspire’s assets. This deal specifically includes Linspire, Freespire, and the company’s distribution agnostic CNR (Click ‘N Run) desktop installation platform.

*www.imgx.org/files/18982_5xjgd/notice.jpg​
In classic Michael Robertson form, he has once again completely disregarded the 100 some-odd shareholders of Linspire by pulling off this deal without a shareholder meeting. Most states require shareholder approval of any merger or reorganization of a corporation, or the sale or transfer of all or substantially all of the corporation's assets. Regardless of state laws, common decency would dictate that even if a company only has 1 minority shareholder, there should be a shareholder meeting and the acquisition explained to all shareholders. What do Linspire shareholders get in place of a shareholder meeting? This completely worthless notice in the mail.

Source : Kevin Carmony's Blog: Xandros Acquires Linspire Assets in Seceret Backroom Deal

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^Thats true buddy, but for many new users it is a blessing! Its like ubuntu of all package warehouses!

praka123

left this forum longback
xandros and Linspire two morons who want to "sell" Linux as if they own them!no need to mention they both copies(xandros esP) window$ OS. :rolleyes:

oh! add that small "linpus" linux too :evil:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Absolutely correct Praka.. Linspire and Xandros both deviated far away from the FOSS policy.. I don't like both of these morons.. were kinda black mark on FOSS.. I hope MS sues them again and kick their A$$

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Serious who uses these distros anyway. Never seen anyone on the forum. Tried Xandros once on laptop and damn thing feall back to the shell all the time:(

@ hellknight, looking for help from the enemy?

[offtopic]So wat is the new company gonna be named?
Linros?
Xandpire?

Damn the heat, make it prespire.

big deal. I suppose the fact still remains that both Linspire, Inc. and Xandros signed a deal with M$, due to which Xandros removed their free version of xandros os from the internet.

But I doubt Freespire will go. Its too community centric for that.

The main question: Who uses them anyway ?

ray|raven

Think Zen.
xandros and Linspire two morons who want to "sell" Linux as if they own them!no need to mention they both copies(xandros esP) window$ OS. :rolleyes:

True Praka , but do remember that distros like Lindows(That was what Linspire was originally called before MS sued it) and Xandros were the ones that were pulling people towards the Linux side before Ubuntu showed up giving away free cd's.

I say they deserve some credit for that.
Btw , did any of you even work with Xandros? They had an flawless n simple gui installer back in the days people were still struggling to get curses ones to look good.

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
[offtopic]So wat is the new company gonna be named?
Linros?
Xandpire?
Lindros
then it will be renamed to
Lindrows
Then to
Lindows
Then
Lindos
:p

Linspire was famous for its user friendliness.. isnt tht so?
Yeah, very user friendly for windows migrants, they offered a very windowsish feel. Buy, an anti-virus for $49, buy firewall for $29, pay $99 and get access to extra software.
Even Suse before Novell bought it, you had to buy professional edition to get extra software. The personal edition just had some 800MB of software. You can't add extra, hell it didn't even have python and gcc. It was outta my system in no time and it made way for the powerful slackware. Oh! What a contrast.

You mean limping linux? :D

True Praka , but do remember that distros like Lindows(That was what Linspire was originally called before MS sued it) and Xandros were the ones that were pulling people towards the Linux side before Ubuntu showed up giving away free cd's.
But, unlike ubuntu they were restricted edition. You had to pay to unlock them.
They lured people to themselves not to Free Software. No way will I ever credit them. They were full of binary blobs to stay ahead of the race. Even ubuntu and sabayon warn you before installing them.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^to lure window$ users to Xandros to make them thing that "xandros" is another superior window$. window$ users are so accustomed to trialware bombs with $$$$ as price tags you know ;)

typical window$ users judge softwares by looking at the price tag.so this way ,xandros can show that they are superior. :lol:

NucleusKore

TheSaint

Can't they sell as long as the source is open?? Then it's up to end users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom