WTB Phone , Need Help !

tronman10

Banned
Hello !

I want to buy a new phone and am totally confused by the hundreds of options in the market ! I am thinking of buying Nokia X7. But need recommendations or suggestions before i spend the amount.

I currently use an Android phone and my battery life gets killed within hours. Hence the shift back to Nokia. Plus the build quality also seems great.

My usage pattern is calls , sms and a little bit of music. I always carry a camera with me so camera will almost never be used.

Please suggest urgently ! Should i go for the X7 ?

Ideally i would like to buy the phone within today or tomorrow ?

Tronman10

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hello !

I want to buy a new phone and am totally confused by the hundreds of options in the market ! I am thinking of buying Nokia X7. But need recommendations or suggestions before i spend the amount.

I currently use an Android phone and my battery life gets killed within hours. Hence the shift back to Nokia. Plus the build quality also seems great.

My usage pattern is calls , sms and a little bit of music. I always carry a camera with me so camera will almost never be used.

Tronman10

Nokia is retiring all its high-end Symbian phones in the US -- Nokia to retire Symbian in North America, going all-in on Windows Phone -- Engadget

Are you sure you want to buy a phone with an outdated OS? Same thing is going to happen in India very soon...

Nokia X7 has excellent hardware. You can buy it... you will probably like it...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hello !

Tronman10

you will seriously underutilize X7. IMO, X3-02 or a C5 can be more than enough, given your needs.

Empirial

Youngling
Why don't you consider Nokia C7 & save some money? Specs are same as X7 (except screen size) & the battery is removable too. You can also check Samsung Wave II, its battery backup is actually better then both S^3 & Android phones.

Sarath

iDota
If you are tight on budget then get the C7 (but not the C6), but the X7 is one sexy phone. Since you already know the problems plaguing android, Nokia will offer you respite.

However like people above have mentioned for your needs the phones specs are a overkill, (although thats all I do with my phone too ;-) ) you can save serious cash by getting a 10k nokia phone. But for the looks you can still choose the X7 over the others.

If it is just about the X7 then apart from looking good, its an excellent phone by itself. Good old symbain software, free ovi maps, excellent battery management and quality and not to mentions scores of service centres all over the country.

Nokia is retiring all its high-end Symbian phones in the US -- Nokia to retire Symbian in North America, going all-in on Windows Phone -- Engadget

Are you sure you want to buy a phone with an outdated OS? Same thing is going to happen in India very soon...

Nokia X7 has excellent hardware. You can buy it... you will probably like it...

Kindly do not compare our market to the USoA. Their mobile market sucks. Seriously its like Reliance and Tata, you dont choose the phone they do it for you. But if you have comparisons with open carrier markets like ours then even I am curious.

"Also just because your Dad or Uncle's RE Bullet bike is old doesn't mean it can't beat the crap out of the modern offerings :-D "

Also let me mention again. The updates for symbian have been outsourced to "Accenture" so symbian will continue to receive support for the coming years.

OP
T

tronman10

Banned
Okay i really don't care if support was dropped in the US. I am in India not USA.

Anyways , i bought the phone yesterday and it is actually better than what i expected. Reading reviews i thought Symbian was going to be bad but it is definitely not like that.

*i.imgur.com/X6iwK.jpg

It is not as customizable as Android but perfectly competitive in all other respects. App support is also quite decent from my brief experience so far. Honestly i have not had to download too many apps as a lot of stuff comes integrated into the device.

*i.imgur.com/BJG8a.jpg

Camera slightly disappointing but i have no use for it anyways so i don't care.

All in all , do not just go by reviews , it is a genuinely nice phone and i have no regrets getting it. Best part has to be the monster battery life !

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
congrats :razz:

it looks a bit different from the one seen in pics. sleek.

how much you paid? & desibond mentioned in several threads about battery life not being as good as other S^3 mobiles. and can you confirm the slow loading time of games as complained by many.

OP
T

tronman10

Banned
Coming back after using the phone for a few days... i think i will create another thread to elaborate my experience but lets just say that i really really like this phone :D

^^ I have absolutely no problems with the battery life.. and i really use my phone a lot !

Top Bottom