WRote an application to upload images to imgur.com

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
HI
I wrote a small tiny application to upload images to the internet (imgur.com)

Download from here: *www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Other-Internet-Related/PerfectUpload.shtml 64kb
xp users, you will need .net framework 2.0 for this to work

To Use:
take a screen shot
OR
copy a image to the clipboard
OR
copy the path to an image file .
OR
copy a image file.

Then double click the PerfectUpload.exe . Your image will be uploaded to the internet (imgur.com) and the URL copied to your clipboard . The good thing about my app is that unlike other image upload apps , it doesn't stay in memory. it just opens , uploads, and then closes.

Would appreciate if someone downloads my app and says nice things about it ;) .
Lastly i assure you i a noob who couldn't put a keylogger in even if he wanted to.

ta

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
hehe the disclaimer is good cute.bandar. I will try this application out and post the review....we need coders like you in this forum.

i tried copying images of .jpeg and .gif format. but it displayed messageBox "copy image OR ......."

the print-screen works fine ..Cheers:smile:

but after the print screen. a temp img was created on desktop but img url was not copied. tried 3 times.(dont know where images went)

personally. i think the prog has VERY minimalastic aproach.

u should give specific error, like
>what did the program not find
>internet connectivity status
>better if u created a txt file of filename as that of image and wrote the img url in there.

work around another version. good efforts.

BTW the disclaimer is really nice.

Happy Programming...

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Nice handy app :)

But should be more explanatory rather than some specific pop-ups!

Good work bro!

PS: I can't find the disclaimer anywhere. Where is it??

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
i tried copying images of .jpeg and .gif format. but it displayed messageBox "copy image OR ......."
one has to copy an image or 'path to image'(c:\image.jpg) for this to work. copying an image file doesn't work. I guess I should add this feature
a temp img was created on desktop
yeah , it is created and deleted

img url was not copied. tried 3 times.
hmm can't say why it didn't work. :(

thanks for replies guys

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
ITS ON SOFTPEDIA! :)
i made the changes taking into account your valuable suggestions. and now its on softpedia!! I am so excited!! :D

How to use

Last edited:
ITS ON SOFTPEDIA! :)
i made the changes taking into account your valuable suggestions. and now its on softpedia!! I am so excited!! :D

How to use

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

great work!!!

still something(s) to point out::
1> works great for imgs with size <= 200 kb
2> timeout WebException for upload > 1 min with filesize > 3 mb e.g. my 12MP 3.2 mb imgs were not uploaded.

increase timeout for large images. this might be issue for users with low bandwidth
3> generate a XML or INF file for multiple img hosting sites like imageshack, piccrazy etc.
4> support for bulk file upload from text file or clipboard
5> support for generic files on megaupload, rapidshare etc

----------------------------------
on your backup utility....
great idea.

please give option for skydrive in conjunction to gmail.
----------------------------------
lastly did u reflect upon my post :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/137341-give-me-some-ideas-new-program-please.html#post1342522

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
hmm I hadn't tried uploading large images with it. will do it now. thanks for pointing it out.

4> support for bulk file upload from text file or clipboard
For uploading multiple images there are already a couple of great apps. I wanted something minimalistic for uploading just a single image.
5> support for generic files on megaupload, rapidshare etc
not a bad suggestion. I'll think about this.
lastly did u reflect upon my post :
nah sorry, I have been busy with something else (a webbot). I didn't understand your post anyway :p

About the backup utility: its giving me problems: there seems to be a couple of bugs in dotnetzip(a library I am using) and in gmail itself. that is giving me some pains. Earlier my plan was create a and upload multiple 25mb archives to gmail, but it doesn't seem it will work. skydrive sounds great, but it doesn't have an api :( (there is an alternative, but its kind of breaky). But your skydrive suggestion has given me an idea to consider other optinos like box.net) as well. Thanks again

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Ok updated to allow upload of large images on slow connections.
Download From here Nikhil's Nofrills Applications

. skydrive sounds great, but it doesn't have an api :( (there is an alternative, but its kind of breaky). But your skydrive suggestion has given me an idea to consider other optinos like box.net) as well. Thanks again

ur welcome.

i didnt know skydrive has no api, thanks for informing
box.net skipped my mind at that time. good hinting...
nah sorry, I have been busy with something else (a webbot). I didn't understand your post anyway
my idea was to create a simple code repository

much like :: CodeBank - A small centralized code repository built using the .NET framework. - CodeProject

only on window forms application and with some features
About the backup utility: its giving me problems: there seems to be a couple of bugs in dotnetzip(a library I am using) and in gmail itself. that is giving me some pains.

dotnetzip does not perform well and becomes unresponsive.

i switched to RAR command line invoked from System.Diagnostics.Process class

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
^ I came across this. But...
SkyDrive WebClient heavily depends on the design of SkyDrive's HTML pages, even small design or structural changes could easily break partially or completely this library -
my application isn't critical, so I could go along with it . Should I ?
Edit: skydrive has a limit of 50mb per file ? should I go along with split archives ?

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

i switched to RAR command line invoked from System.Diagnostics.Process class
ok I 'll try this as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom