Write protection on pen drive??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Hey guys,
I have a transcend 2 GB pen drive but recently has become write protected. I am unable to copy anything to the drive and i can't even delete files. Please help me because the drive doesn't have any write protection switch. please tell the way to remove write protection.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
99% chance that ur comp and ur pendrive are infected with some kind of virus.Try to install a good antivirus..update it and scan ur full computer.
If that fails then boot with a linux live cd ..format the pendrive drive with FAT / FAT32 filesystem from there

OP
R

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Hey I am not even able to format the pen drive at all. I've tried all linux that i have i windows also. Before the formatting starts, it gives the message: "This Disk is write protected......." and formatting stops...
I think it is very complex problem.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
hmmm...if linux is giving you problem too then the pendrive has gone kaput ! Contatct the reseller for RMA

guptamohit

here is everything.
if you want to format your pendrive:

first, restart your computer and open safe mode with command prompt and in the cmd write the assign letter of your pendrive (like:- F:. format) and press enter ok.

toofan

Technomancer
or u can use the hijack this and delete any suspicious entry form there. and then make a virus scan and then try to formate it. Hope that helps.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I too have a similar problem. Only that I am unable to write stuff upwards of 1 GB. After copying for sometime, it tells of that it is write protected. I have noticed the presence of a .tmp file of 0 bytes. I cannot remove this file. Please help. My pen drive is a transcend 4GB jetflash.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Delete it in Safe Mode. If that fails, then try Killbox or Unlocker 1.8.
it should solve ur problem..

*www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom