Write Protected USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkaraj

In the zone
1. YAFFS2 file system as base

the world's best flash file system, and increases the life span of your pen drive a lot

Check this out:

In practice, flash file systems are only used for "Memory Technology Devices" ("MTD"), which are embedded flash memories that do not have a controller. Removable flash memory cards and USB flash drives have built-in controllers to perform wear-levelling and error correction so use of a specific flash file system does not add any benefit.

Source : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory

I dont know how true this is....

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
misleading topic name

i was happy that i could write protect my usb flash driver ! that's what it means

i mean no body can write into my USB Drive From any computer in the world when lock is on ! got it ?? when lock is open people can write

this can help viruses to stop entering from my pen drive !!

btw thanks for the tutorial .. i knew it ! now just a revision !!

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^^ I guess this doesn't make the Flash Drive write protected......
It just restricts the computer and makes it unable to write to USB drives....... Drives can be written from other computers.......

Vaibhavtek, get your title changed to: Blocking write access to USB drive

This kind of Tutorial (but different) was already posted by Topgear sometime ago..... Here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77208

OP
V

vaibhavtek

^^^ I guess this doesn't make the Flash Drive write protected......
It just restricts the computer and makes it unable to write to USB drives....... Drives can be written from other computers.......

Vaibhavtek, get your title changed to: Blocking write access to USB drive

This kind of Tutorial (but different) was already posted by Topgear sometime ago..... Here: Disable Access to USB Mass Storage Drive

Mods plz change the title as suggested by gagandeep.

I searched the forum but was not able to got tutorial similar to it.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Arrey yaar......
Also EDIT your 1st post.......

I searched the forum but was not able to got tutorial similar to it.

How is this possible vaibhavtek??????

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=728165&posted=1#post728165

You had yourself thanked him in the above post.....

This means that you never go through any Tutorial and blindly post "Thanx a lot"

Last edited:

adi007

Youngling
^^rofl...rofl..nice detective work gagandeep...
and vaibhavtek please post the thread after searching the forum..and BTW you have replied to that old thread and you are saying that you searched the whole forum..:confused:

either you are just replying "Thanx a lot" to every tut thread to increase your post count or you are just creating a new tut from the old thread to increase your post count..

In either way you just want to increase the post count..that's all..

Now i must say that post count doesn't make one famous and respectable in the forum..i have seen some members who joined at 2005 and still in their 200-300 posts...it is important to note that they will check the forum daily..so please don't post to just increase your post count..i know it's tempting to increase one's post count but doing such things is not good....

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@all: Please report the thread if you think its inappropriate. Do not resort to personal attacks.

@vaibhavtek: Relax dude. Don't be in a hurry to post everything you come across! Just sit back for a while and surf this forum. You will gradually get to know how things work here :)

Locking this thread. Please continue discussion here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77208
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=30719

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom