WorldSpaceRadio on PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
I was just surfing through Orkut communities and theres somethinf that read like this:' Download World Space Radio on your PC'
Does this kind of s/w exists i mean how can it be world space radio?
Just need to clarify this.

go_gamez

In the zone
must be a fake ..its not possible otherwise ppl would not spend 3000-4000 and get it..and instead everyone would download it..
the link u must have seen can be recorded programs from WORLD SPACE RADIO STATION...
and if any case what u ve seen is true..then its not legal..

_______

Broken In
Fake one . I tried tats not worldspace. It's a collection of hindi radio stations round the world . i think 18 stations.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
world space radio is a satelite radio. you also need a subscription to listen to it.

rohan

In the zone
or may be something like net radio. I mean, a person who has subscribed to WorldSpace radio connects to the satellites and gets it in to his pc thru a Line-in and then uses the Shoutcast DNS or something similar to broadcast this to other users thru net radio. Illegal definitely, but possible.

OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
@rohan:
That may be possible but he would need to keep his PC ON all the time and I don't think he would do tht. He is totally a fraud person.

internet is the best form of radio,u can listen to any radio channel from around the world and that too free,so why do ya need this worldspace thing.

indian_samosa

No longer here..
i think worldspace is for the non techie people who dont know or dont want to setup pc's to get wired for radio.
And also not everyone is on a high speed ( atleast 256Kbps) connection.
yes..one can enjoy internet radio on modem speed ..but ur radio station choices will then be limited and there is always some or the other kind of packet losses in dial up conf.

Anyways...have any of u people tried worldspace...how is it ??

P

priyadarshi

rahul_becks23 said:
internet is the best form of radio,u can listen to any radio channel from around the world and that too free,so why do ya need this worldspace thing.

how can i do that?

iinfi

mekalodu
does world space have a portable radio like thing??? something which i can take while travelling by bus or car or train and also listen to it at home!!!
or is it necessary to have a antenna facing the satellite???

if they do have a portable one... how much does it cost???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom