Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Yep..
See the screen shot in post #43
Its at 101C when running Crysis. I still have to check the temperatures by running the 3-d mark triangle test, the test which took my old card to 109C..

offtopic: What happened to the cat praka?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
117C is bad..I guess XFX really researched "computer component melting thresholds"..and incorporated them in the 8600GT...though I have a 8500GT by XFX and it too used to heat up...used to idle at 80C. I was worried about that..banged my head a bit..then finally mounted a after market cooler.

If you dont get a replacement and want to keep the 8600GT (is a good card)...go in for an after market cooling solution...cause no use holding onto the warranty since they are not replacing it..!!

FYI:
A friend of mine also just got a XFX 8600GT...without consulting me first...he will have a nice summer I am sure... :)

Best of luck...though would suggest..be careful..you might damage the card.

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
@asigh: How much does a good aftermarket cooler cost? And is it effective?

@praka: Change your avatar man! Looks really weird..:D
Hows this ?
*img377.imageshack.us/img377/3777/imagesyf3.jpg
:cool:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
its cheaper to sell off current one[around 2~2.5] and get a new Palit one for 3.8k.
The aftermarket cooler costs almost 1.5k, nd ull void ur warranty.
Or the 9600GSO is there for 6k.

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^I guess i dont have the cash for an aftermarket cooler or a new graphics card right now.
Ill try some thermal paste instead.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
have u tried adjusting fan speed from rivatuner?
setting it at 80~90% might be bit noisy, but will be cool enuf.

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^I'll do that...
But i think when the temperature goes above 90C the fan speed also increases to about 95%..
And when it goes above 95 it will be 100%. I dont mind the noise. But it just wont change things in anyway. Plus i have 2 fans near the PCi-e slot but no difference.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@asigh: How much does a good aftermarket cooler cost? And is it effective?
*imageshack.us
:cool:

CoolVivaPRO Se is around Rs1300/--. It should be mountable on the XFX8600. With the application of this cooler and thermal paste...temperatures should remain below 60C always. Its a good cooler, but is a 2 slot cooler, so you will need a spare PCI bracket/slot on the cabinet for the exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom