Work Permit in France, Some Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Does one require to have a birth certificate to get a work permit in France?

I have my birth date reflected in my 10th and +2 certificate as well as in passport. Will that be sufficient enough?

From what I know, one is required to report at the town hall of the specific city in France on arrival and get your self registered after showing the Birth Certificate and other documents.

Will the 10th certificate instead be enough?

I am in a hurry, so getting a new one issued is kinda out of question for me at the moment.

Advice / suggestions / you are a n00b comments welcome. :)

ray|raven

Think Zen.
AFAIK , Passport is more than enough.

a friend of mine had the same dilemma when he was going to UK , but passport was enough.

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Seems like UK doesn't need BC. But I am sure Netherlands requires that. Is France in the same boat as Netherlands as well? Both being a part of the Schengen Visa program which UK is not a part of, I believe?

Anyways, thanks for replying. Any little bit of info helps.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Hmm, I googled a bit and found this:

For a short-stay work visa (up to three months)the employer in France should provide the future employee with a contract which has been countersigned by the DDTEFP (Direction départementale du travail, de l'emploi et de la formation professionnelle). Then the future employee should apply for a short stay visa (Schengen visa) if needed. This visa is valid up to 3 months, and the residency card is not required. The applicant must provide:
  • A passport valid for a period of three months beyond the applicant's last day of stay in the Schengen states. Please make sure your passport has a blank page to affix the visa.
  • Two short-stay visa application forms completely and legibly filled out. Print in black. Indicate also your phone numbers and e-mail.
  • Passport size photographs glued on each form.
  • If you are an immigrant, proof of resident status in the country where applying, with a copy.
  • contract countersigned by the DDTEFP (+ 1 copy)
  • A proof of travel health/accident insurance with worldwide coverage (+ 1 copy).
  • Prepaid self-adressed envelope if you apply by mail. Only Express mail, Priority mail, certified mail (registered mail) will be accepted, if not the personal appearance will be required. Note that the personal appearance is the basic rule.
  • Processing fee: payment by credit card (Visa, Mastercard) (especially for files sent by mail) or money-order made out to "Consulate general of France" or certified checks. Cash is accepted only if you apply in person. Checks are rarely accepted at consulates.
For the long-stay visa, in order to obtain a work permit for his/her future employee, the employer should contact
Office des Migrations Internationales ( O.M.I )
44 rue Bargue
75732 Paris cedex 15
In order to avoid complications, the names of the accompanying spouse and children under 18 year old must be included on the worker file.

Source: *gofrance.about.com/cs/relocating/a/visas_4.htm

Maybe helpful.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Most countries won't ask for BC as your 10th Std and Passport will have your Date of Birth.

I've an UAE work permit and I didn't give BC. I got Germany and Spain visa without BC (but those were in Visit Visa).

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Same here. I went to Germany last year on a Schengen visa for 2 months. No BC was required at that time.

I thought maybe for the work permit, it was a different ball game all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom