Wonderful speech by a 12 year old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Thought to start this Sunday for a positive cause. So.... here it comes.

Below is the link to an old video of a "then" 12 year old... Severn Suzuki, one of the world's most remarkable youth activists, speaking on behalf of ECO, an Environmental Children's Organization (a group she co-founded) at the UN Earth Summit 1992 in Rio De Janeiro.

Severn, along with group members Michelle Quigg, Vanessa Suttie, and Morgan Geisler, started ECO at the age of 9(!) and had raised money by themselves to present their issues on the environment from a youth perspective at the Summit. A standing ovation was received. The group also addressed delegates at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED).

The daughter of a well-known Canadian scientist/environmentalist/TV host, Severn travels around the world speaking to delegates, students, and corporations about taking steps to a more sustainable, responsible, and just future for the planet.

A must watch for those who never heard it

Author notes:

This was a 1992 speech... which was awesome for a 12 year old.... but still... what difference did it make to the world?

Pity... the twisted fate of world in the hands of Man... the vilest creature of all.

I'm pretty sure everyone is planning for a space safari at the end of it when the world is not suitable for inhabitation.

Mark my words, guyz, by then, it'll b too late to flee.

Making the world a better place... I've been hearing this banality a lot in the recent years. Severn's message was simple... Forget about making the world a better place, stop making it worse.

Last edited:
OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Tnk God @least a few saw it... I thought ppl just skipped the whole damn thing..... posted on Sunday

mayanks_098

world is evil
WOW
That was amazing. Cant believe she spoke with so much anger at such level.
You brightned my day..
TFS,really
If someone has anything similar to this...plz post

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
WOW
That was amazing. Cant believe she spoke with so much anger at such level.
You brightned my day..
TFS,really
If someone has anything similar to this...plz post
looks like u got one more cookie:D

This is by 8 year old:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8x14cLGh5o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom