Wireless Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashok_inder

Right off the assembly line
I use dell wireless wlan card utility for my dell wireless 1395 wlan mini card rev 3.0
I use college wifi for net connection, which has infrastructure type access point, gave me the static ip and the wpa-psk key, i.e. the network key. Back then I had created a backup file wifi.wpn by the export option of the utility software.
Then I had reinstalled xp recently and imported the wifi.wpn by the same utility software but the problem is that I just cannot connect to the college wifi by any means. I know all the net protocol settings for the connection but what I just don't know is the network key else I would had created the access point.
I contacted my college who said that the team in charge of the wifi has left job and that after the semester is over a new team will be engaged and a new key will be given till then they cannot help me. My friends too, like me, have forgotten the key so they too cannot help me.
As I have a long time for my semester to end, I cannot use 2G connection for long time 'cause of their cost.

So I want to ask is that?
1) Can I recover my network key from the wifi.wpn file which I had created through the utility card, (if yes then how?) or what other methods can I take to connect or recover key
2) Can I recover key from my friend's laptop, in that case also how it can happen.
3) Without recovering the key also can I connect somehow?
4) A little query, is my wifi card n-series capable or not (on the laptop it has n-series logo but the online representative of the dell had not given me any satisfactory answer)

cybercool10

Tech Addict
Ok , The following links should help you

>> How to get WEP key from windows XP?
>> aircrack-ng for Windows - WZCOOK:

Is that what you were looking for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom