Wireless router puchase help

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
Hello guys,
I have a MTNL broadband connection at home which is wired. I want to setup wireless network for my home and i dont know a thing routers/modems, their types and features. I can setup the connection based on the handbook that comes with routers but i dont know what to look for when purchasing, especially when there are different routers for phone based broadband connection and cable based. Mine being phone based broadband connection of MTNL, i want to know which router shall i purchase and will i require purchases anything else to setup or does it come with required cables and all.

I just casually looked on amazon and i found this one, but i want your help to know if this is the right one for my purpose or do you prefer something else.
Modem link

Thanks.

OP
scavanger007

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
Hello guys.
Than you for suggestion of the modem.
I checked the above mentioned modem on e-commerce sites and i m impressed by the features.
My only worry is customers reporting frequent disconnections and manual rebooting every now and then. Any insight on these issuses?
Thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hello guys.
Than you for suggestion of the modem.
I checked the above mentioned modem on e-commerce sites and i m impressed by the features.
My only worry is customers reporting frequent disconnections and manual rebooting every now and then. Any insight on these issuses?
Thanks

Using it 24*7 here. No problems faced so far due to router. All of the problems till now were from BSNL's side only.

papul1993

not a newbie.....
+1 for that tp link router+ ADSL modem. When setting it up don't use the provided CD, rather do it manually. If there are any problems use this thread to ping us.

OP
scavanger007

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
Ok :)
So i m ordering this online. TP link gives warranty on online purchases right? I heard Dlink does not.

Update: I contacted their support and they confirmed that 3 yrs warranty for online as well as offline purchases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom