Wireless router+modem with support for USB HDD

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I wish to purchase a wireless router with modem and support for hard disks via USB. Are such devices available in India?

Budget is not much of a constraint, although I'd like it to be not too expensive (less than 5k). Dont care too much about brands, but reliability and after-sales-service is a priority.

If such devices are not available, I'm also open to devices which let me attach my regular USB HDDs to my Wi-Fi home network by some other means.

Thanks in advance :)

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
I wish to purchase a wireless router with modem and support for hard disks via USB. Are such devices available in India?

Budget is not much of a constraint, although I'd like it to be not too expensive (less than 5k). Dont care too much about brands, but reliability and after-sales-service is a priority.

If such devices are not available, I'm also open to devices which let me attach my regular USB HDDs to my Wi-Fi home network by some other means.

Thanks in advance :)

i have just the thing for you! check PM.

OP
pranav0091

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I checked a number of options including the TP link that sandynator mentioned. There seems to be a recurring theme of the USB drive running very slowly - peaking at 3MBps. This is something I absolutely wish to avoid. The larger plan here that my desktop will one day be directly connected to this router/device and the others little ones will access it over wifi, like the other laptops or perhaps the TV that i will someday buy :>

The best bet seems to be Apple airport extreme that is known to sustain roughly 11MBps over wifi. But I guess I am going to have to wait for longer for this purchase.

I think what I need is a DLNA setup and that needs to be pretty strong on the bandwidth part. I dont fully understand what I need to do or DLNA, but thought I'll put this down here in case it helps someone.

Top Bottom