Wired or Wireless Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherry123

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

Which keyboard would be better a wired or a wireless considering both the pros and cons of both types?

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Wired! On wireless, though it gives you freedom, it's only to about 2 meters. Also, if you want to buy a wireless keyboard, be ready to change batteries every 6 months, depending on how often you use your computer.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Babies are quite attracted to take away &play with the wireless mouses & keyboards......................so u may consider it accordingly.

Sykora

I see right through you.
I can't live without my wireless keyboard/mouse. The freedom is enormous, and it's not just 2 meters either. I can operate my keyboard from well over 7 meters, although it's not necessary. The absence of clutter is another boon, because I have enough wires all over the place already.

The drawbacks are that the battery changing is irritating, and has to happen fairly often. Newer models tell you how much juice they have left, but their accuracy is debatable. Quite a few times I've found my keyboard out of power, and I can't do a thing about it. The other drawback, is in getting a bluetooth keyboard. Although they may have some advantages, they don't work well in pre-boot environment, so you may have some trouble. However this doesn't happen with non-bluetooth wireless keyboards, so they're ideal.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
2 Wires what clutter do they make on your desk.
Speakers - wires go behind
Monitor - wires go behind

2 puny wires.....

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hmmm... rephrasing my comment.. rather than clutter i'd say wireless desktop looks neat. but u may or may not experience a lag (tho this drawback has been dismissed by most in this forum, but my experience has been otherwise in gaming).

B

bigdaddy486

CAn we use bluetooth dongle with wireless keyboard/mouse as a dongle to connect to pda?

shantanu

Technomancer
I have Microsoft Entertainment Desktop 7000 (blutooth) with Laser Mouse 8000 ..
now i have no signal problems till 30 feets.. and it is based on Blutooth v1.3 (plus the dongle can accept as many other bluetooth devices you like as printers and scanners of any company) (i download songs to my Mobile from that dongle only..) its running on 2.4 Ghz blutooth wireless)

so dont go for ordinary wireless as i had M$ wireless desktop 1000 and it was horrible in signal quality .. when i played games on it the cars stopped in between and the FPS player ... well leaving it .. dont go for ordinary ones.. go for blurtooth or go wired..

bigdaddy486 said:
CAn we use bluetooth dongle with wireless keyboard/mouse as a dongle to connect to pda?

yeah as i said not only PDA.. any bluetooth device...

Last edited:
B

bigdaddy486

Is all wireless keyboard using bluetooth?anything about price ?

shantanu

Technomancer
no not all are using Bluetooth.. the wireless range starts from about Rs.1400/-(desktop sets) and goes upto 15000/- or even more..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom