Windows98 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Hi friends, heres the prob

Recently i tried to instal win98 again, after formatting Xp n all... just wanted to use it fr a while
Now I am the person who uses ONLY genuine softs and although windows were reinstalled in 10 mins or so, i was unable to use IE
I cudnt even update the IE, getting an error ..smthin to do with expired certificates.
What was that? wont i b ever able to use Win98 with IE? I tried to DL Opera and it worked fine.

Also there were issues with graphic drivers

And i have 2 CDs of Win2000 [both originals again] and both are unable to instal win2000, the error being sm files missing.. I never got such error.. Is it because of sm problem in the CD or the CD Drive itself? I even tried putting them in either of the CD and DVD drives, but the problem continues :((

iceeeeman

Journeyman
dude i think tht u cd has got currupted :mad: ,its has manay scratches thts the reason y u are not able to install it :confused: .....

OP
enticer86

enticer86

Stay Silent!
i have many CDs of win98 as well ... :p n tried thm on two drives viz. the CDROM and DVD-R
and if the media is corrupt then y is there an error of expired certifs?

I need the help of sm Expert......... SOS GxSaurav, mr.Vista et al!!!!!!!!!!!

iceeeeman

Journeyman
Dude have a look here .this Might b helpful to you:-
*support.microsoft.com/kb/822406
*y2k.berkeley.edu/computers/fixpcs/issues/root-certificate-expiry.html

OP
enticer86

enticer86

Stay Silent!
bro wht abt the win2000?
thnks abt this waise...wil try...whats the logic behind this yaar pls lemme kno...

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Well, you can try any Virtualizing, Get Microsoft Virtual PC (its free, google it)

You can install any windows from 1.0 to WinVista :)

Win XP is nothing but spruced up Win2k, you wont find any difference (except User Friendliness)

(PS-> VMWare might be better, for just virtualizing Windows, Virtual PC is better cuz it doesn't install any services and virtual network adapters)

OP
enticer86

enticer86

Stay Silent!
^^ dude i hav used all windows from win95 .... so don teach me that Win XP is nothing but spruced up Win2k, you wont find any difference (except User Friendliness)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom