Windows XP vs Vista vs Seven? BeST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Am presently a user of WinXp SP3 ...working charmly till now:razz: ...i even use ubuntu

now i upgraded my ram...now want to install either vista or Windows 7 RC

bt considering my stabilty...will all my downloaded n old progs in xp works fine in vista or Seven?...like i mean the setup files i hav downloaded in xp.

which one to go?or wud u say to stay with XP...

which one do u prefer now n in future OS ?:razz:

my main uses of OS are programming sometimes,gaming(not hardcore jus COD,Urt,CS),browsing...i prefer speed n bit good look

ubuntu is not an issue now i can put it any time later:-o

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
If you haf the computing power, then Win 7 is all I'd recommend. You can run XP as a virtual machine (in any of the free VMMs) if you want to (tho I don't feel the need to). Give Vista a pass.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
I don't know which is the best, but the thing I know is that VISTA is the least... so there you go... I simplified it for you... :p

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Atleast wait till windows Seven gets into full stream.
Till then its really so difficult to judge.Using RC editions is really not what we can quote as software testing.

D

DataCabbitKSW

I think what he is asking is if he can upgrade directly from Windows XP to Windows 7. Unfortunately this is not currently supported. Honestly it is best to do a fresh install anyways, and then install what you need. It may take you a little bit longer, but it will save you a lot of headaches in the long run. You _CAN_ install Windows 7 as a second OS on your system and dual boot. This way you keep your old install and have your new install. The site to get a license for evaluation of the Windows 7 RC and download the .ISO to burn to a DVD-R is located on Microsoft's TechNet site at:
*tinyurl.com/9agzvs

sagar.best

Don't mess with me.
I think XP is the best yet because windows 7 is fast as XP ... So XP is the best till now. But yes windows is 7 better than Vista.

Will wait until another OS like XP is in market.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Use Windows XP until Windows 7 comes out, then do a fresh install of Windows 7. Don't use the RC because it isnt the finished product.

jalanbk

Right off the assembly line
I Guess windows7 is one of best OS microsoft has ever released...

If they can show some stability they can beat Linux ...

Look at few features they have inbuilt --

*www.pchijack.com/os/windows-7/7-most-used-external-feature-are-now-built-in/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom