Windows XP/Vista installation problem HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaybc

Youngling
I have assembled my computer last week with the following config:-

Intel core 2 Duo E6550 2.33Ghz
2GB DDR2 RAM (1X2)
XFX 8600GT 256 MB
Intel original DG33BU motherboard.
160GB(PATA harddisk)

I now face a strange problem.
Iam not able to install windows XP and windows Vista.
While installing XP everything goes all right until it shows installing devices and then after a while it shows a blue screen error and iam not able to continue.

While installing Vista the problem occurs when it shows Completing installation and gets stuck.

My friend told me that it may be because the hard disc is PATA and the motherboard doesnt have complete support for it.

Also this computer has another problem also.
The problem is that from its bootups are painfully slow.On each bootup before loading windows it shows some crap(#O4TG... something like that) and it displays some blue patches in black background for a while and after that it boots up normally.

Also instead of giving power to the monitor on switching on the CPU it waits for some time and then only powers on.
My previous computer (pentium 4 1.8 Ghz,845GLVA intel original motherboard,384MB RAM) was far better than this on booting time.

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME.I SWEAR I WILL NEVER EVER ASSEMBLE A COMPUTER MY SELF AGAIN.

PLEASE..........:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
cool_techie_tvm said:
What is the error message that u r getting while installing Vista? Please quote the error messages u are getting !!

I dont get error messages while installing vista.
it just says that it is completing installation...i waited for 4 hrs.Still no reply.Then i canceled.Only XP showed error message.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@ajaybc

hardware error for sure... !!! Start by testing the RAMs in another system, if they work fine then put them back in ur system, and un-plug the grfx card and use the GMA x3100 see if it works or not...

if still problem, then try booting with a live CD, in that case the HDD stay un-touched ...

if still problem continues then its MOBO or Procy, now if u have option to check both in seperate hardware then do so, or otherways as I see u are using DG33BU means its the store who assembled it :lol: so now puch the ball in to their court ask them to check as may be procy or the mobo is faulty...

Off topic... Bad choise of motherboard... :p

ajaybc said:
wHAT IS PROCY AND mobo?

Man you are really in a miserable state.. try to follow the steps.

check whether the processor (procy) is seated properly and also go to the BIOS and check the thermal level of the motherboard (MOBO) and procy.

and also the follow the steps told by Choto Cheeta

ashstud_83

Unknown,Unseen,Unheard..
just do it like chotocheeta and the others said..make sure the processor frequency of the one u r using is supported by the mobo..todo this,just got to intel.com and search for the models of ur procy and mobo..compare the frequency supported by the mobo and make sure it matches that of the processor..also let me know wat frequency RAM u got...can be a problem with that also..:D

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
The DVD riter(Sony DRU 170A) was owned by me before I bought all these things.
When I went to the shop from where i purchased my "procy and mobo"
and told them that I cud not install windows they connected some other Cd/DVD drive and installed it without any problem.When I asked why it dint install wen i trid they told that it was all caused by the faulty writer and nothing wrong with the procy or mobo.
But I dont believe them.bcoz after that wen I connected the drive it was working properly.I cud read and write discs.

But even then wen I try to install windows it shows the same error.
Why is there problem with windows alone.I can install any other software,game using that drive?

Are those guys cheating me?

Please help..............

the problem may be with your dvd writer, pal. when windows is being extracted from the cd or dvd your drive could not read after a certain level and moreover pls change your dvd writer and get a new one. (ur model is too old).
you are not cheated.

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
I copied the contents of the windows vista installation disc to my hard disc and tried to install from there.Even then the problem persists.
So it cant be the riter I think

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I faced that kind of Problem on September with my old 845 mobo.
Reseated the Rams properly & mine problem solved.

iq6886

Broken In
It happens with dvd write.. i had a ibm lappy x61s which didnt had any rom drive.. so when i connected a drive using usb it used to say the same (BSOD.. on copying win xp installation files).. Solution that i found ws to install xp frm some other drive or maybe an external hdd... Seems same prob with you .. u can try installing win xp &/or vista using some rom of ur friend & thn connect back ur writer .. it'll run fine.

Hope i helped u somewhat!!! ( it is very frustrating whn u upgrade stuff & they don't seem compatible.. )

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry , I didn't read your post properly. It's possibly could be optical drive issue.
Clean that drive.
Also do check your installation medias if possible.

ajaybc said:
I copied the contents of the windows vista installation disc to my hard disc and tried to install from there.Even then the problem persists.
So it cant be the riter I think
i think your copy of windows vista is corrupted...:-?

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
I copied the contents o the Vista installation disc into my hard disc.Then removed the DVD drive and then tried to install Vista.Then also the installation failed like before.So I think the DVD drive cant be the culprit here.How can it interfere if the installation is done from the harddisc after removing it?! :confused:

Iam thinkig of buying a new SATA hard disc instead of the old PATA I have now hoping it to solve the problem.

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
Hi everyone.I bought a new SATA hard disc and all problems are solved.Windows Vista installed properly.
Thanks every one for all your support.:D

urvan

Right off the assembly line
HI

don't worry it's not a crime to assemble ur own PC..

But yes problem do occur.
Now here are some tips i would like to give you and i think these are goin to solve your problem

Ist
Regarding your boot-up time
It may be taking 40+ seconds to get around initial boot-up screen???
if so check wetehr every thing inside your rig is properely configured.
tehse are the things you need to check
ist don't directly open up your box. check your BIOS . i don't know but go around you BIOS and check for a place where you can check for BIOS events or Messages. If found go thru them and check if some error is there. If tehre is an erreor tell me

else

now open up your rig and physically check your settings. BUT BE CAREFUL WITH THIS.
Ist check Cmos Battery is properly inserted,
2nd Check your IDE cables . And your Primary and secondary settings (ur master slave configuratuion0 You have not mentioned what all drives are in your sys so i can't guide you with that. But your ist hard disk should be primary master . ok next if you have another hard disk it should be primary slave. and then secondary master and slave should be removable drives like CD-ROMS and DVD-ROM drives... Also if you don't have any second hard rives then you can connect removable drives to primary slave. CHeck for IDE cables. Wether they are properly inserted and check wether there length is according to you device manufacturer.

BUT BE VERY CARE FUL WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR BOX AND ALWAYS CHECK WETEHR SYSTEM AND YOU ARE PROPERELY GROUNDED.
First try these things

And About You windows vista problem
Not many of so-called geeks knows this but Microsoft has recognised this error. and released a hotfix for it. Yoyu ust have to integrate it in your setup files and it will solve the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom