windows xp restart instead of shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

santosh_thief

Right off the assembly line
for about 2 and a half months ive been trying to shut down my computer but it does not but restarts.
i read from the xp site that u can change the option in
My Computer>properties>advanced>startup and recovery>system failure>automatically restart
i unchekked the box
and after i tried to restart
i got a blue screen with the info that
page fault no page ......(something something)
0*000000 50(0*e10d4000, 0*00000000, 0*80635757, 0*00000001)
pls help it has been nagging me for about 2 months n m really irritated n think a lot bout mah hard disk as it has very useful data.
thanks in advance.
(a proud digit reader)

too_techy

Broken In
if this happens only when you press the power button in the cpu, then check the power option from the display property dialog box,
there is a option asking what should be done when the power button is pressed make sure it is set at shut down

OP
santosh_thief

santosh_thief

if this happens only when you press the power button in the cpu, then check the power option from the display property dialog box,
there is a option asking what should be done when the power button is pressed make sure it is set at shut down

no it happens not just when i push the power button on the cpu but also when i try n shut my pc down. adn also i have checked the power management tools. thanks for the help.

47shailesh

Security Exp
Santosh,
As mentioned in *www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_restart.htm can you confirm if have [FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.0 or Direct CD 5.0 program is installed on your computer.
If it is so, than removing it could solve your problem.
[/FONT]

OP
santosh_thief

santosh_thief

Santosh,
As mentioned in *www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_restart.htm can you confirm if have [FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.0 or Direct CD 5.0 program is installed on your computer.
If it is so, than removing it could solve your problem.
[/FONT]
thanks for the help but
no neither i have easy cd nor direct CD 5.0 installed.
pls any body solve this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ancientrites

In the zone
santhosh insert your windows xp sp2 cd and go for option repair.this one is the least you can do.
  1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
    Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
    [/FONT]
  2. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
    *www.michaelstevenstech.com/note.gif do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
  3. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
  4. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair

OP
santosh_thief

santosh_thief

santhosh insert your windows xp sp2 cd and go for option repair.this one is the least you can do.
  1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
    Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
    [/FONT]
  2. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
    *www.michaelstevenstech.com/note.gif do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
  3. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
  4. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair
THANKS A TON MATE BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS DAT I DONT EVEN HAVE A WIN XP CD. CANT IT BE DONE THU WEB OR BY DWNLDING FROM THE SITE R SOMETHING
. AGN THANKS FOR THE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.