Windows XP Missing Boot!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

caje143

Journeyman
Hi all

hey guys i need your help. i am really desperate and the quicker reply will be highly appreciated.

i have just installed Windows Vista on my PC, i had Windows XP SP2 installed on my PC on Drive C: , i had another free partition of 30 GB which i kept for Vista.. that was Drive D:, so once i installed windows Vista and now when i go to my computer, there it shows that Windows Vista is Installed on Drive C: and the files for Windows XP are shown on Drive E:

so whenever i start my PC it directly boots VISTA, it does not even show any menu, what can i do to get my Windows XP as well in the Boot Menu so that i dont have to format my PC to get back XP, lots of my data is there on Windows XP which i require and cannot do without it, so please guys help me out.. in any ways can i modify the boot files so that i can also configure it to show me Windows XP as well and so that i can boot as well from XP,

PLease help guys ASAP

Thanks
Caje

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
many times posted here.Please search ..you will get ur solution.However you can try this link :
*www.techiehome.org/viewtopic.php?t=526

OP
caje143

caje143

Journeyman
ravi_9793 said:
many times posted here.Please search ..you will get ur solution.However you can try this link :

Hey buddy, thanks for the info man.

i got that software and installed it as well, but i did some confirguration on it, well that was by myself, now when i start my PC it shows me 2 options, XP & Vista, but if i choose XP it is saying to insert the CD and choose Repair as some NTLDR file or something is missing, what could have gone wrong??

Can u help me yaar..

OP
caje143

caje143

Journeyman
ravi_9793 said:

Hey buddy, thanks for the info man.

i got that software and installed it as well, but i did some confirguration on it, well that was by myself, now when i start my PC it shows me 2 options, XP & Vista, but if i choose XP it is saying to insert the CD and choose Repair as some NTLDR file or something is missing, what could have gone wrong??

is there any other way where i can modify the boodloader manually so that everything goes on well...

Can u help me yaar..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom