Windows xp crash reasons

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That link is blocked at my workplace. Will check it later.

Using a VM is not hard, you just start it and it runs fullscreen on top of your host OS.

Also, which fonts are you having trouble with? Perhaps we can help you find alternatives.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
That link is blocked at my workplace. Will check it later.

Using a VM is not hard, you just start it and it runs fullscreen on top of your host OS.

Also, which fonts are you having trouble with? Perhaps we can help you find alternatives.

The file is attached, I was sending you the same in pm but your mailbox quota is full. Please check and confirm whether the hardware needs any upgrade or not. We only need it for typing and nothing else.

Well please guide me on a VM i.e. how exactly to use it, I highly doubt that the folks will try it. Will try to convince them.

I am having trouble with Hindi, Punjabi fonts. Also with softwares like Summit script manager, 4clipika etc. in 7 and above editions of Windows OS.

Attachments

• CPU-Z.txt
    60 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Code:
CPU-Z TXT Report
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binaries

CPU-Z version			1.60.1

Processors

Number of processors		1
Number of threads		2

APICs

Processor 0	
	-- Core 0	
		-- Thread 0	0
	-- Core 1	
		-- Thread 0	1

Processors Information

Processor 1			ID = 0
	Number of cores		2 (max 2)
	Number of threads	2 (max 2)
	Name			Intel Pentium E5400
	Codename		Wolfdale
	Specification		Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E5400  @ 2.70GHz
	Package (platform ID)	Socket 775 LGA (0x0)
	CPUID			6.7.A
	Extended CPUID		6.17
	Core Stepping		R0
	Technology		45 nm
	TDP Limit		65 Watts
	Core Speed		2715.5 MHz
	Multiplier x FSB	13.5 x 201.1 MHz
	Rated Bus speed		804.6 MHz
	Stock frequency		2700 MHz
	Instructions sets	MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T, VT-x
	L1 Data cache		2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
	L1 Instruction cache	2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
	L2 cache		2048 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
	FID/VID Control		yes
	FID range		6.0x - 13.5x
	Max VID			1.288 V

It says here that your CPU is a Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400. This was released in 2009 according to Intel's information site and is currently in "End-of-life" status. Did you get this CPU brand new in 2014? If you got it new, then I doubt that it would be faulty. It could be a problem with some other component. Also, let's not rule out viruses or malware.

As for creating VM, you can find detailed steps on the VirtualBox site. You can refer this page: Chapter*1.*First steps

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
We told the computer shop from where we purchased the computer that we just need the pc for typing and according to our budget he assembled the best components. No, virus's as we are scanning the pc with K7 almost every week. Malware, IDK I think I should scan it via Malwarebytes.

Thanks for VM, I will check that out. Any last piece of advice so that I could save it from crashing next time.

Code:
CPU-Z TXT Report

Binaries

CPU-Z version			1.60.1

Processors

Number of processors		1
Number of threads		2

APICs

Processor 0	
	-- Core 0	
		-- Thread 0	0
	-- Core 1	
		-- Thread 0	1

Processors Information

Processor 1			ID = 0
	Number of cores		2 (max 2)
	Number of threads	2 (max 2)
	Name			Intel Pentium E5400
	Codename		Wolfdale
	Specification		Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E5400  @ 2.70GHz
	Package (platform ID)	Socket 775 LGA (0x0)
	CPUID			6.7.A
	Extended CPUID		6.17
	Core Stepping		R0
	Technology		45 nm
	TDP Limit		65 Watts
	Core Speed		2715.5 MHz
	Multiplier x FSB	13.5 x 201.1 MHz
	Rated Bus speed		804.6 MHz
	Stock frequency		2700 MHz
	Instructions sets	MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T, VT-x
	L1 Data cache		2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
	L1 Instruction cache	2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
	L2 cache		2048 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
	FID/VID Control		yes
	FID range		6.0x - 13.5x
	Max VID			1.288 V

It says here that your CPU is a Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400. This was released in 2009 according to Intel's information site and is currently in "End-of-life" status. Did you get this CPU brand new in 2014? If you got it new, then I doubt that it would be faulty. It could be a problem with some other component. Also, let's not rule out viruses or malware.

As for creating VM, you can find detailed steps on the VirtualBox site. You can refer this page: Chapter*1.*First steps

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The VM won't save you from crashing. It will only allow you to run Windows XP over another newer OS such as Windows 7 and above.

Since your hardware appears to be alright, I am not really sure what is really causing your machine to crash.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The VM won't save you from crashing. It will only allow you to run Windows XP over another newer OS such as Windows 7 and above.

Since your hardware appears to be alright, I am not really sure what is really causing your machine to crash.

Damm bro. IDK what's up with the computer.

Who shuts down the pc at night?

People who type. They shut it down the way it is supposed to be shut down. Did you check my reply above? Waited after clicking safe mode, but it was restarting.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I read it alright. I am looking for specific answer, not a generic one.

I am thinking like - do everyone diligently wait till all the fans stop turning or does someone just give a shutdown command and turn off the mains? So each time you see the screen like you have posted in the first page, thr first thing you need to do is track down who turned off at night and ask them specific questions.

Also you said that the computer just restarts after safe boot. I need to know if there was a message just before the computer restarted. It is important to know.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

I am thinking like - do everyone diligently wait till all the fans stop turning or does someone just give a shutdown command and turn off the mains? So each time you see the screen like you have posted in the first page, thr first thing you need to do is track down who turned off at night and ask them specific questions.

Also you said that the computer just restarts after safe boot. I need to know if there was a message just before the computer restarted. It is important to know.

Agreed!

As we are already looking into s/w issues and h/w ones.
Let's not rule out human error. If possible just be there one day when the PC shut down at night. Just to verify the process is followed properly.

b/w also note down if this safe mode is an everyday issue or has a pattern.

Like every Mon, Wed and Fri it happens etc. Try to take log of at least 2-3 weeks and compare what were different in those days.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect

I asked about this and everyone said that they waited for the fans to stop before turning the mains off. I will make sure that the shutting down is done as it should be.
No message dear, after showing the last line of mup.sys it just restarted.

Agreed!

As we are already looking into s/w issues and h/w ones.
Let's not rule out human error. If possible just be there one day when the PC shut down at night. Just to verify the process is followed properly.

b/w also note down if this safe mode is an everyday issue or has a pattern.

Like every Mon, Wed and Fri it happens etc. Try to take log of at least 2-3 weeks and compare what were different in those days.

We do not get the safe mode/black screen until and unless we are screwed. It happens within 20-30 days.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
That mup.sys gives a better clue as I search the internet. See the details are important.

The possibilities now look like the following for me (since they continue to occur beyond total reinstalls they are hardware related)

1. Faulty power supply - ask your computer guy to test the PSU or replace it with a new better one. Go for a reputed brand rather than Chinese.
2. Faulty peripherals - list everything that is connected by cable to your computer. The next time your computer does this, pull out the cables and see if the computer boots into safe mode rather than restarting. USB based things are the most important but check everything anyway.

EDIT:
Here are some links for your reading pleasure
Xp hangs at mup.sys on startup - Microsoft Communit
Unable to boot XP [Solved
Windows XP hangs at isapnp.sys

Good overview about such booting problems - Troubleshoot Windows startup with the Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset and Windows PE

Finally, here is my original search - windows restarts after mup.sys - Google Searc

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Thanks for the help dear.

That mup.sys gives a better clue as I search the internet. See the details are important.

The possibilities now look like the following for me (since they continue to occur beyond total reinstalls they are hardware related)

1. Faulty power supply - ask your computer guy to test the PSU or replace it with a new better one. Go for a reputed brand rather than Chinese.

Intex is the one which is in the cpu, the fan makes noise when we boot it and after few minutes it goes back to normal, this thing is happening from years. Will replace the power supply though. Any need to replace side fans too?

2. Faulty peripherals - list everything that is connected by cable to your computer. The next time your computer does this, pull out the cables and see if the computer boots into safe mode rather than restarting. USB based things are the most important but check everything anyway.

PS2 wired keyboard, usb mouse, a scanner & printer(only when needed) and a lan wire. I removed keyboard and mouse wire but it didn't boot.

EDIT:
Here are some links for your reading pleasure
Xp hangs at mup.sys on startup - Microsoft Communit
Unable to boot XP [Solved

Windows XP hangs at isapnp.sys>> didn't find any 0 byte .sys file in drivers folder.

Good overview about such booting problems - Troubleshoot Windows startup with the Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset and Windows PE

Finally, here is my original search - windows restarts after mup.sys - Google Searc

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Dude, you need to at least get a Corsair VS450 PSU and it will save you tons of headache in the long run.

Also, it is normal behaviour for the machine to not boot without the keyboard attached, that is a BIOS function.

Top Bottom