• Will never

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
aryayush said:
LOL! Care to enumerate a few reasons? Why do you feel it sucks?

dood i've using windows XP for the past 3 yrs and Vista for 5 months.so u can understand i've become used to it.in both these os u can play full screen os without 3rd apps.
but in os X u can play fullscreen videos with Quicktime:( .now i've to install 3rd party apps.moreover OS X doesnt quite like my hardware (especially the Jmicron SATA/PATA controller) so it just wont boot off the dvd.
the biggest prob 4 me is that my PCTV 100i doesnt work and i cant play DVDs in quicktime.

it cud be that ppl who hav been using OS X for a long time like but for me it sux.

@desi-tek.com ,dood if u wanna show that u've genuine windows Vista by posting that screen shot then u can forget bout it.even my pirated copy of vista is detected as genuine by Microsoft and it shows that same screen.

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
assasin said:
dood i've using windows XP for the past 3 yrs and Vista for 5 months.so u can understand i've become used to it.in both these os u can play full screen os without 3rd apps.
but in os X u can play fullscreen videos with Quicktime:( .now i've to install 3rd party apps.moreover OS X doesnt quite like my hardware (especially the Jmicron SATA/PATA controller) so it just wont boot off the dvd.
the biggest prob 4 me is that my PCTV 100i doesnt work and i cant play DVDs in quicktime.

it cud be that ppl who hav been using OS X for a long time like but for me it sux.

@desi-tek.com ,dood if u wanna show that u've genuine windows Vista by posting that screen shot then u can forget bout it.even my pirated copy of vista is detected as genuine by Microsoft and it shows that same screen.

Are you able to update the OS?

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
@assasin is ur pirated version of vista able to pass online validation?
well the version of vista i am using is 100% genuine i didn't purchased it from any pirated store nor i downloaded it from illegal site. I downloaded it from microsoft (THAT LEAKED LINK) :) than i used this tool (OEM BIOS Emulation Toolkit ) which added oem certificate (which is signed by microsoft and it is in xml format) in windows directory than i applied asus serial key to it and than i did online validation and it passed the validation test. :)
so technically speaking i am using OEM version of vista :)

assasin

Banned
Desi-Tek.com said:
well the version of vista i am using is 100% genuine i didn't purchased it from any pirated store nor i downloaded it from illegal site. I downloaded it from microsoft (THAT LEAKED LINK) :) than i used this tool (OEM BIOS Emulation Toolkit ) which added oem certificate (which is signed by microsoft and it is in xml format) in windows directory than i applied asus serial key to it and than i did online validation and it passed the validation test. :)

well even i've done the same thing as u:D .but u call that pirated Vista and not an original copy cuz if u say u hav the original copy then u must hav a valid product key which u dont hav.:)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Desi-Tek.com said:
@assasin is ur pirated version of vista able to pass online validation?

tch.. tch.. be careful about what u talk of!!!! :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
assasin said:
but in os X u can play fullscreen videos with Quicktime:( .now i've to install 3rd party apps.
This is one drawback on Mac OS X. Apple made the incredibly stupid decision of making you buy the Pro version to make QuickTime do full screen. Idiots!
However, there are two ways around this particular problem:
1. Play your videos in iTunes and you can watch the full screen.
2. Put them in the 'Movies' folder and watch them using Front Row. You'll get full screen.

assasin said:
moreover OS X doesnt quite like my hardware (especially the Jmicron SATA/PATA controller) so it just wont boot off the dvd.
LOL! And that is the fault of Mac OS X? It is crap because you are using it illegally on hardware that it does not support? WOW, quite the logic you have here! Guess what, Vista won't run on my machine that has 256 MB of RAM. Holy cow! Vista is crap.
Please talk some sense!

assasin said:
i cant play DVDs in quicktime.
Which is hardly a surprise because Mac OS X comes with a dedicated software for playing DVDs and it is quite clearly named DVD Player. I don't know how they could have made it more obvious how you are supposed to play DVDs in Mac OS X.

Basically, you didn't even use the operating system long enough to see all the default applications it ships with and declared that it "suxxx BIG TIME" without any rhyme or reason whatsoever. Good.

Do me a favour, please uninstall it if you haven't done so yet and never try venturing near it again. Thanks for the audience! :)

assasin

Banned
aryayush said:
LOL! And that is the fault of Mac OS X? It is crap because you are using it illegally on hardware that it does not support? WOW, quite the logic you have here! Guess what, Vista won't run on my machine that has 256 MB of RAM. Holy cow! Vista is crap.

that i know and i wont say that Vista roxx:( .u need a pretty good config to run it but atleast it supports all my hardware and most probably all hardware of Macs.:) Vista is crap if u dont hav the perfect hardware to run it:( but its very good at multitasking.:)
as far as the DVD player is concerned it plays the dvds but the video stutters.so i made the comment.:p

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You are running it illegally on a virtual machine on hardware it does not support. I am certainly not surprised that the video stutters when you play DVDs.

This is why I keep discouraging people from using Mac OS X illegally. Yes, it is a fantabulous operating system that every person on Earth ought to use, but when you run it on hardware that the OS has been purposely designed not to run on, it is not the fault of the OS if something goes wrong. But you people then blame the OS and worse, shout about it on public forums where people are likely to believe most of whatever they read.

Looking at your elaborate use of cheerful smileys gives me the impression that you are not a surly person and I certainly do not wish that this escalates into a debate, but please refrain from saying things like Mac OS X "suxxx BIG TIME". :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Which is hardly a surprise because Mac OS X comes with a dedicated software for playing DVDs and it is quite clearly named DVD Player. I don't know how they could have made it more obvious how you are supposed to play DVDs in Mac OS X.

DVD player is more like a frontend + CSS decoding for the Quicktime MPEG2 Decoder which is already there in the OS

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, I am sure that little nugget of information is exactly what we need to know and is highly useful and essential for anyone wanting to play DVDs on a Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom