Windows Vista Is Superior to Leopard, XP, Linux, and All of Open Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
There's Windows Vista, and there's the rest. Microsoft's perspective was eloquently made public at the company's Worldwide Partner Conference 2008 in Houston, Texas, on July 10, 2008. The Redmond company claims nothing less than that Windows Vista is superior to Apple's Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, to all distributions of Linux, and to the entire environment of open source solutions, in terms of security. Microsoft has never been shy at hinting of the superiority of its latest Windows client compared to rival operating systems. The OS vulnerability measuring games performed by Jeff Jones, a Security Strategy Director in Microsoft's Trustworthy Computing group is by now an integral part of the company's culture, and marketing arsenal. But this time, none other than Kevin Turner, Microsoft Chief Operating Officer has come out and said it loud and clear.

"Vista is the most secure product in the history of operating systems on a desktop. It is more secure today than Apple Leopard, or XP, or Linux, or open source," Turner stated (emphasis added). In addition to Jones' many Vista vs. XP vs. Linux vs. OS X vulnerability comparisons, Microsoft has the data collected from the Malicious Software Removal Tool and centralized in the April 2008 version of the Security Intelligence Report.

In his latest comparison, Jones indicated that Vista was impacted by less vulnerabilities than Windows XP SP2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop (v. 5 client), Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (V. 4), Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Desktop, Apple Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and Apple Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger). At the same time, in the January - June 2007 Security Intelligence Report, Microsoft revealed that the MSRT had cleaned 60.5% fewer Vista-based machines compared to XP SP2 computers, 44% fewer than Windows 2000 SP4 and 77% fewer than Windows Server 2003.

Full article @ *news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-Vi...d-XP-Linux-and-All-of-Open-Source-89778.shtml

Pat

Beyond Smart
This should prolly go to Chit Chat!

I can prolly find hundred articles with the following content:

MS says: Windows Vista Is Superior to Leopard, XP, Linux, and All of Open Source
Apple says: OS X Leopard Is Superior to Vista, XP, Linux, and All of Open Source
RMS says: GNU/Linux Is Superior to Leopard, XP or Vista

ajaybc

Youngling
There's Windows Vista, and there's the rest. Microsoft's perspective was eloquently made public at the company's Worldwide Partner Conference 2008 in Houston, Texas, on July 10, 2008. The Redmond company claims nothing less than that Windows Vista is superior to Apple's Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, to all distributions of Linux, and to the entire environment of open source solutions, in terms of security. Microsoft has never been shy at hinting of the superiority of its latest Windows client compared to rival operating systems. The OS vulnerability measuring games performed by Jeff Jones, a Security Strategy Director in Microsoft's Trustworthy Computing group is by now an integral part of the company's culture, and marketing arsenal. But this time, none other than Kevin Turner, Microsoft Chief Operating Officer has come out and said it loud and clear.

"Vista is the most secure product in the history of operating systems on a desktop. It is more secure today than Apple Leopard, or XP, or Linux, or open source," Turner stated (emphasis added). In addition to Jones' many Vista vs. XP vs. Linux vs. OS X vulnerability comparisons, Microsoft has the data collected from the Malicious Software Removal Tool and centralized in the April 2008 version of the Security Intelligence Report.

In his latest comparison, Jones indicated that Vista was impacted by less vulnerabilities than Windows XP SP2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop (v. 5 client), Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (V. 4), Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Desktop, Apple Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and Apple Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger). At the same time, in the January - June 2007 Security Intelligence Report, Microsoft revealed that the MSRT had cleaned 60.5% fewer Vista-based machines compared to XP SP2 computers, 44% fewer than Windows 2000 SP4 and 77% fewer than Windows Server 2003.

Full article @ *news.softpedia.com/news/Windo...ce-89778.shtml

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/46.gif .. here we go again ..*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/109.gif

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ROTFL.... :lol:

Plz don't create separate threads. Post all the jokes in one thread! :D Mods, plz merge this with the "Jokes" thread!! :)) :D haha....

praka123

left this forum longback
--snipped--

I never thought you would take it this far. - goobi

Last edited by a moderator:

Nimda

l33t n00b!
In his latest comparison, Jones indicated that Vista was impacted by less vulnerabilities than Windows XP SP2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop (v. 5 client), Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (V. 4), Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Desktop, Apple Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and Apple Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger).

That ain't gonna make me come back to Vista. Besides, most vulnerabilities are discovered only when REAL PEOPLE start using it. So, in other words, we can safely say that Vista will retain the "least vulnerable" position for a long time to come :D

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
:| Vista is less vulnerable than xp,leapord thats ok but linux is the most secure os and vista is the most powerful os,together (vista+linux) make a solid combination of a powerpc!

great_manish

Journeyman
well....imo....vista is the best.....i ve been using it for more than a yr (along wid ubuntu )....no probs or nags for me....while most of my hostel guys(on xp sp2) run around tryin to get their pc's free from pen drive viruses i can relax....btw i use avg free edition with vista...

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
well....imo....vista is the best.....i ve been using it for more than a yr (along wid ubuntu )....no probs or nags for me....while most of my hostel guys(on xp sp2) run around tryin to get their pc's free from pen drive viruses i can relax....btw i use avg free edition with vista...

what have pen drives got anything to do with Vista?:p noob..

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
This should prolly go to Chit Chat!

I can prolly find hundred articles with the following content:

MS says: Windows Vista Is Superior to Leopard, XP, Linux, and All of Open Source
Apple says: OS X Leopard Is Superior to Vista, XP, Linux, and All of Open Source
RMS says: GNU/Linux Is Superior to Leopard, XP or Vista
+1 Sab kehte hain, meri shirt sabse saffed.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Maybe he is speaking about the UAC (User Account Control) integrated into Vista...

Maybe he forgot that his noob friends can stop viruses jumping right of pen drives by disallowing autoplay and installing a free active virus scanner.

It is the most lame reason for someone to say that Vista is more secure because his friends use XP and get pen drive viruses :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom