Not open for further replies.

sachinmu.1995

fully functional idiotbox
Hey guys, i have a dell inspiron 1525 laptop with the following config -
1.83ghz CPU
3gb ddr2 ram
160gb internal harddisk
running on windows vista home basic 32-bit

recently, i restarted my comp, i logged in as administrator, and then, all i see is a white blank screen. a few days before, windows firewall gave a popup message saying that a threat ( i think it said :- "backroom:win32/ir..." or something like that).
i removed this threat, adn then continued with my work. i hibernated it day, and when i turned the comp on again, i got the same error message. after this i rebooted and now im stuck with a blank white screen. i start task manager (ctrl + shift + del) and clicked on run and started explorer.exe . after i did this, the desktop, taskbar, and everything else started functioning. i thought it was a slight problem, so i again restarted my comp, logged in, and still i got a blank screen. so i ran explorer.exe. i really dont want to keep doing this everytime i start up my computer. help!!

sorry to be a pain in the neck, but i just need help.:sad:

OP
sachinmu.1995

sachinmu.1995

fully functional idiotbox
i tried that, didn't work, i had to run explorer.exe from task manager, and after the desktop was seen, an explorer window started up... anyways, now i upgraded to windows 7 ultimate.. made a clean install of it, so no problems now.. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom