Windows Vista Delayed Until 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

nach p

Journeyman
:D :D
No need to worry for me regarding upgradation of hardware and delayed of Vista.
Becoz XP is the last os of M$ for me as am transferring to Gnu\Linux. :eek: :eek:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
the very big problem of linux is there are very less programs desined for it.ALSo u'll have problem in seaching its drivers for hardware too ! ! !

naveenchandran

In the zone
gary4gar said:
the very big problem of linux is there are very less programs desined for it.ALSo u'll have problem in seaching its drivers for hardware too ! ! !

Less Programs Designed for it? LOL! :lol:

Hmm...

Which Programs/Application that you find in M$(C) Windows(TM) is not available in GNU/Linux?

And also for which Hardware do you need drivers for? Post ur HW Specs.. :)

Vyasram

The pWnster
gary4gar said:

I guess you are in talking abt ths 1990s

Third Eye

gooby pls
Vista is delayed becoz vista will featured DX10 and also they are giving time to Graphic Card Manufactures Such as nVidia & ATi to make DX10 based Graphic cards.

iinfi

mekalodu
there are a lota programs for linux also but consider my case.
i m not a linux geek!
but i have tried using Linux a few times.
installation takes 2-3 days as i do not know what to do. i have to keep coming back to this forum to get help on the installation issues. i get overwhelming support from the members but still i m in a mess with this Linux. i admit i m ignorant with the usage of Linux.

I try to use linux but i have keep going back to windows coz i get frustrated within a few days as things dont function as i want them to.

theexister

Broken In
This is exactly the problem...ease of use.

Finally most of the population just want to install & starting using stuff instead of configuring.

I have used Linux for 2 whole year as a dual boot with XP & found how many times I would go back to Windows to get simple tasks done.

I mean...look at Mac..worked on it for graphic design at my previous office...its a much powerful & better software than both Windows & Linux...stability & GUI are peerless...yet not many have ventured into it after 30 years...why? Ease of use & application delivery.

I am always amused when people talk abt Gates wanting to just increase the size of his wallet...yet most ignore the fact that the Melinda-Gates foundation is the worlds largest money donater...now for 3 years running.

runeet

Broken In
Hi I am new to these forums and wanted to say that since vista will require a huge system rig to run on and also its gonna be really costly then exactly how many people r gonna really shift to it. I hav also heard on the net that big corporate companies will be shifting their bases to linux based platforms, coz compared to microsoft platforms, linux is much cheaper, more reliable to use and more secure.

Personally I would hav also shifted to linux but, I am an avid gamer and not all games r released for linux hence.
Anyways can u guys tell me how much a premium edition vista will cost.

borg

In the zone
Relax runeet. We don't have to go crazy over Linux or anything else.Tools are people to use & not the other way around. When Linux gets ready for the desktop, we can shift to Linux.

Prices for Vista haven't been announced, but considering the past pricing, expect prices to start from say 4k

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You feel the lack of easy usage since you think you are 'Shifting from Windows' and get motivated by the thought that it will be 'like' windows, now this gives only disappointment and frustration... forget windows and think something else when u use linux... never compare...

nirubhai

Broken In
if you can't compare... you can't compete!

lack of easyness & software support are the major drawbacks i found with linux.

damn... i see users who don't know where to right click & where to left click in windows!
you can't expect them to use linux to access internet!

for windows, software providers do it at ease like insert cd & next next next (wizard)... configures on its own. no brainy stuff!

again, even with the fact that there is huge increase in software support for linux. still, if you find your favorite game/software not in linux, you tend to turn to windows options... and it comes to xp/vista!

linux also has os compatibility issues!! u may not be able to run single executable in all distros & versions...

i would really prefer mac over windows/linux. coz i've seen that even novice user can get it working anyhow! the designers have thought over it a lot!!!

borg

In the zone
well said man. Why shouldn't anyone compare Linux to Windows in temr of ease of use, when others can compare Windows & linux in terms of security, bugs, etc.

Lets not be fanboys people. Lets calla spade a spade. If Linux is difficult to use, then it IS difficult to use. This is a problem that needs to be fixed. Trying to hide it & ignore it, etc does no good to anyone.

nach p

Journeyman
Hi guys ,
I gave just reply to use "Linux" further and the discussions started abt Windows & Linux ,thread is regarding "Why Windows Vista Delayed"!!!

I am not opposing to use Windows.

BTW I started to put my hands on Linux and am little bit comfortable.There are many distros. like Mandrake or Suse ,Ubuntu ,Fedora which are easier to use so not at all any problem regarding usage ,they are very user friendly.As a newbies I am using Fedora. You can learn much more things.Also u can do everything which u can do on windows platform with a lot of softs available.I faced some problem and still facing newones but trying u r own or getting help on the forum makes things easy.If u want to do something u cant leave it just becoz it is hard or not easy to use.........

When u get something different you try to explore it ,samething is here.

borg

In the zone
I think Vista will probably be the last big Windows release. Looking at the speed at which GNU/Linux is growing, I think Microsoft's days as the dominant platform are numbered. Most of the growth of the Pc in the coming years will happen in third world countries like India/China. Propietary standards like MS, Apple, etc have little chance here. It will be assembled PC/GNU all the way.

Regarding Vista, I think I will have to use Vista anyway. FS X & Halo 2 are coming & will run best on Vista...so it is claimed.

nik_for_you

In the zone
hi ... i m posting after a long time ..

but as you all have to accept that truth that microsoft will continue to dominate the world .. ther is no issue about it .. because ms has made many of the things so easiest ..

and i m also wating for the vista to be released and hope i will have enough money to buy it !!!

triangle

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

I've got interested in WinFS filesystem and searched over to get some info on it. I found some really useful info at this place *www.ntfs.com/ If you are interested you might also give it a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom