Windows Vista Delayed Until 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinmay

Journeyman
Microsoft announced on Tuesday that they will once again delay Windows Vista, formerly known as Longhorn, until early next year. The software giant said it will wrap up development of the new operating system this year and make it available to volume licensing customers in November. Microsoft’s Windows chief Jim Allchin said the company is delaying the broad launch of the product until January 2007. Allchin also stated that the product will still launch in Microsoft’s next fiscal year, which begins in July, meaning that Microsoft’s overall business for next year shouldn’t be affected. Allchin stated that some of the additional time was for ensuring security levels, and the company is also working on ironing out usability issues. “We’re trying to crank up the security level higher than ever,� Allchin said. “This came down to a few weeks. We’re trying to do the responsible thing here.�

*www.neowin.net/images/icons/viewicon.gif View: Microsoft Windows Vista | Microsoft Press Release
*www.neowin.net/images/icons/souricon.gif News Source: CNet News.com

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Y aits true ! Just saw the news today in neowin.
Thank God :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
At least I hav a couple of months more to save money to upgrade my mobo and procy ! (Counting on google adsense heavily though )

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Good news for me :D . by 2007 i can do a upgade to my pc , get a gfx card, increase ram and hdd :D . hmm and also get a job :p

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Untill then stuck with XP :?
Oh Great, Now BETA TESTERS have more time to cr@ck the Vista System Folder :D :lol:

iinfi

mekalodu
hackers wud have already found million security holes in windows vista.
if there were no holes then where wud IT security experts go?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
What are MS upto? Every few days we either hear about a delay or a reduction in a feature. Are they gonna come out with Vista atlast or no? Or even if they come out with vista, it seems from the way they're going it would have features of XP and a brand new name and a higher price tag.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
oh man thats right, wouldnt it be better they release the Vista now .. latter may be Vista in 2007 with more features its been so long a new OS release from windows

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well i expected this announcement netime this year especially after office was delayed.
M$ cant get things in order at the rite time.

Yoda

Journeyman
Read this PDF file and u can find all about the upcoming Vista.

Download Size: (922 KB)
Code:
*rapidshare.de/files/16285105/Welcome_to_Vista.pdf.html

abracadabra

Journeyman
talk less

many of u ppl r awaitin' the buzz for the release 4 widows vista but hav u even seen the minimum requirements. if not check it HERE . do u hav a pc that supports it if not go buy / upgrade 1st b4 talkin' big. and as 4 shifting of ppl 2 linux. linux has a big community behind it and ppl keep comin' nd going no one can stop that.

theexister

Broken In
Ive got a AMD64 3000+ with 1GBRAM & a 6800GT so I guess its fine.
But im more worried abt the licensing system & what kind of things I can & cant change in my comp for me not having to buy a new license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom