Windows Vista comes with 19,500 drivers on DVD – more on Windows Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

qudra

Broken In
*** Biggest History ever acheived by any software company & any OSes ***

Ever needed to find a driver for a product and wished Windows would either just have the driver in it, or that their Windows Update service could provide it? With Vista, it can – and new features and updates will be forthcoming too. It’s about time!

At the Windows Vista Team Blog, Jim Allchin, the Chief of Microsoft’s Vista development effort and long-time Microsoft employee, soon to retire after having completed Vista at last, has advised readers that Windows Vista has more drivers built-in at launch than any previous version Windows.

In contrast, Windows XP only had 10,000 drivers on its CD, with only 2000 on the Windows Update service, so this is a major improvement. Vista certainly needs it, as the RC1 and RC2 versions still had issues with certain types of hardware, but reports that I’ve read indicate that most, if not almost all, of those issues have been resolved.

From the sources.........

adit_sen

In the zone
I don't really think I can agree with 'Biggest History ever achieved'....

What about Linux distro's such as Ubuntu / Fedora etc? The not only support 90% of the drivers at install time (video / sound / external USB devices etc), but in the case of Ubuntu, everything is fit in a mere 700MB disk where as Vista spans over 4GB. Now that's some achievement...

PrinceHeart

In the zone
well sony launches ps3 .. with hd quality .. vista is same as of an OS release i guess. with more graphics.. im sure almost 70% of winxp users uses treaks to shut off the graphics and then use it. So Vista is for people who loves graphics. afterall its a GUI User-Friendly OS..

and btw.. i downloaded the new release :d not sure if i would burn it any sooner. When im using WinXp - the OS only needs the dataone adsl modem for drivers, everything else was already done with. and with all these 19,500 drivers sheeshh .. who will use it man !!

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
yaa nive info.Yes vista is made for graphics crazy people....its ultimate theme"aero".I have only seen the snaps of aero theme....but I m nt able to use aero on my system becoz of hardware compatibility.I will soon buy a graphics card only for vista.

faraaz

Evil Genius
You know, the messed up part is I use WindowBlind and Object Dock and all those other apps which come with the Object Desktop suite...so I've got better than Vista level graphics on my desktop right now! The only reason for me to upgrade would be if my beloved Photoshop and games dont run unless I have Vista...which should take like a few years atleast...

I'll see if I can link up some of my old desktop screens I have lying around...

Edit:
Clicky!!

*i70.photobucket.com/albums/i86/oxblood420/guildwarsred.jpg
*i70.photobucket.com/albums/i86/oxblood420/murcielagowithvorbisorange.jpg
*i70.photobucket.com/albums/i86/oxblood420/alimawhite.jpg
*i70.photobucket.com/albums/i86/oxblood420/MacAquawithInsomniaAlienware.jpg

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
faraaz said:
You know, the messed up part is I use WindowBlind and Object Dock and all those other apps which come with the Object Desktop suite...so I've got better than Vista level graphics on my desktop right now! The only reason for me to upgrade would be if my beloved Photoshop and games dont run unless I have Vista...which should take like a few years atleast...

I'll see if I can link up some of my old desktop screens I have lying around...

Edit:
Clicky!!

*i70.photobucket.com/albums/i86/oxblood420/guildwarsred.jpg
*i70.photobucket.com/albums/i86/oxblood420/murcielagowithvorbisorange.jpg
*i70.photobucket.com/albums/i86/oxblood420/alimawhite.jpg
*i70.photobucket.com/albums/i86/oxblood420/MacAquawithInsomniaAlienware.jpg

lol , these are not vista level graphics , fyi i am also using windows blinds ,its cool but not anything near to vista.

faraaz

Evil Genius
My point was...I see no incentive to upgrade to Vista, purely for graphics...

Besides...they're old dude :p

WindowBlinds v5.0 has much better transparencies and stuff, but I haven't made screenshots of those yet...

PrinceHeart

In the zone
ravi_pintu2001@yahoo.com said:
yaa nive info.Yes vista is made for graphics crazy people....its ultimate theme"aero".I have only seen the snaps of aero theme....but I m nt able to use aero on my system becoz of hardware compatibility.I will soon buy a graphics card only for vista.

See thats what i mean .. like ravi.. lots of guys are planning to upgrade. But what abt 5 yrs later ? Do they really wanna upgrade if microsoft will release Vista 2 or something ? This is neverending dudes !!

You all know. you love your PC, so why go for upgrade again and again, why fix it if its not broken, and this goes very nicely for upgrading pc component, specially when its money involved :p ..

Abt aero.. i think i posted some pictures here somewhere from when i was using Vista Beta 2.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
faraaz said:
My point was...I see no incentive to upgrade to Vista, purely for graphics...

Besides...they're old dude :p

WindowBlinds v5.0 has much better transparencies and stuff, but I haven't made screenshots of those yet...

I have version 5.0 and i know how good it is but vista gui is not only about transparencies, besides ppl wont upgrade to vista just only for graphics.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
I have still My new PC two years more , Won't upgrade just for sake of Windows vista , Windows Xp and fedora core 6 are doing great job for me . So happy waiting for me . till 2k9

sonusahu

Broken In
i don't understand microsoft's strategy, why build a os which can't run on max no. of systems in developing nations..?512 mb ram, 64mb direct x9 compatible video card...? is it a os or a medium end game..? perhaps it knows only 20 to 30% ppl in developing nations are actually going to buy it's os..lol,

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Vista is not totally meant for India ... its mostly for gamers and designers to give them a better edge. And we all know those are either in Japan/Korea and it could be that the last i heard bill gates is gonna drop down from his post after the release of WinVista. Its a good Os for making big bucks $$ as we all know its around 20k indian rupees. So guess just like Drirubhai Ambani's said once.. "Kar Lo Duniya Mutthi Mein" .. think Bill Gates wanna do the same ;)

faraaz

Evil Genius
tarey_g said:
I have version 5.0 and i know how good it is but vista gui is not only about transparencies, besides ppl wont upgrade to vista just only for graphics.

I know that...I was just saying that in my particular case, I will not be upgrading because of graphics because I have similar GUI at the moment. You say Vista is WAY better? I've seen the screenshots and a friend of mine has Beta 2 installed. I didn't think it was THAT much better, hence my original post.

Its called OPINION dude! :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ya the posts by me were my OPINION. I have the windows blinds theme by Kol which was removed from the wb site as MS said it was very similar to Aero and there was some copyright problem and stuff. I downloaded that theme , it was impressive but not as good a original vista experience . Still its the best theme out which resembles to vista the most. I have rc2 installed on my pc currently and its awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom