Windows Vista beta 2: A user review

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

gxsaurav

i tried running Vista on my onboard intel Extreme Graphics 2 (865GBF). For this i removed my FX 5900XT graphics card, & rebooted, then, Vista crashed with a BSOD, as i forgot to uninstall the graphics card driver.

I booted in safe more, uninstall the nvidia drivers & then on the next boot, Vista booted properly in Windows classic UI, the performance was slow, so...i guess intel extreme graphics 2 & GMA 900 are out of league to run Vista properly. Vista was using the inbuilt graphics driver of this case

Those who wants to check weather their PC can run Windows Vista should check the Windows Vista upgrade advisor

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hmm.. Anyone finished downloading it yet? If someone in delhi is willing to burn me a copy, ill be very gratefull!

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Yo! i am happy to day...
this is my first post from vista...

My god the first impression on this OS is pure EYE CANDY!!! SUPER Usability.

Everrything is a breeze to setup and configure..

It automatically detected and installed all hardware except onboard audio and my stone age Piselview play tv pro tv-tuner card.

The only too obvious problems i see are that IE7 flickers way too much while rendering webpages.. i dont know why.. and sometimes when some shortcuts are opened it kinda forgets that i clicked it and the window pops up a couple of minutes later..

And media player is smooth.. Hey Did u know that there are two HINDI songs bundeled with vista.. he he. check out the media player liberary after u install vista.

OP
G

gxsaurav

Mac & Linux users have always said that the simple Windows UI is bad, now since it has just got better.....& quite usable....i don't see a reason, why it should again be the most dominent OS out there

anispace

dattebayo
I think Intel GMA 900 onboard graphics are enough to run the Aero interface in Vista cause the Intel website says that it is Vista certified .

also Extreme graphics 2 has 64MB max video memory shared and GMA has 128MB with DirectX 9 compatibity.

what?Hindi songs bundled with vista!!why?? may be a bug:D :D

Last edited:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
well vista does behave really irratically.

also i and really annoyed by it asking for my permission to do anything..
cant save downloads form IE to other hdds, just on my user folder
whenever i access anything inside conrol panel i have to explicitely press contineue at the "please provide security clearence"
and the foldes like sent to, start menu, locan settings are inaccessable..

i am a administrator.

anyone knows how to turndown this paranoia vista has....

EDIT:
one thing i find really uncomfertable with the new UI is the location of the back/forward buttons.
they have been located at the top right windows panes and it seems too much of a drag to pull the mouse there and press them.
they should be lower and more in the center and nearer to the work area. afterall these are the most used buttons in IE or explorer...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom