Windows on Mac

Karthik Iyer

Right off the assembly line
I need help installing Windows on my Mac. I have a Macbook Air running Mac OS ver 10.9.2. I want to install Windows 7/8 on my Mac using Boot Camp Assistant. Can someone help me by running through the entire procedure and requirements? All help is appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

gameranand

Living to Play
You serious ?? You want to install Windows on Mac, dude Mac are known for their OS and interface.
You want dual boot or just Win 8 ??

gameranand

Living to Play
These might help.
Boot Camp: Installing Windows 7 Frequently Asked Questions
How To Dual Boot From a Mac into Windows
Run two Different OS on your Mac

Arjun609

The Don's Decision.
MAC:No gaming,Best office,Less Hangs,Less Malware,ShowOff,Better visual Performance,Perfected Apps(Best for businessmen,private)

Windows:Best for gaming,More malware,more customization,more hangs,best for developers,Morely used by people,Better sharing(Best for students,gamers,overclockers,OK for officers)

The Conclusion is WINDOWS 7 Ultimate (2014)

Dont go for MAC if you want MAC Still it is a showoff.Dont worry about malware there are still antivirus rocking the world

Dual Booting Makes your PC very slow.Sometimes your BOOTMGR may cause prob

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
MAC:No gaming,Best office,Less Hangs,Less Malware,ShowOff,Better visual Performance,Perfected Apps(Best for businessmen,private)

Windows:Best for gaming,More malware,more customization,more hangs,best for developers,Morely used by people,Better sharing(Best for students,gamers,overclockers,OK for officers)

The Conclusion is WINDOWS 7 Ultimate (2014)

Dont go for MAC if you want MAC Still it is a showoff.Dont worry about malware there are still antivirus rocking the world

:facepalm:

the OP already has a macbook air and wants to boot/install windows 7/8/8.1 on it.

Dual Booting Makes your PC very slow.Sometimes your BOOTMGR may cause prob
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14174&d=1397405299

i have a dual boot setup (Windows 7 / Linux Mint 15) and the system is working the same as it was with Windows 7 only. :deadbored:

Attachments

• troll or stupid.jpg
    troll or stupid.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 120

xSF

Assembly Line is stuck.
I need help installing Windows on my Mac. I have a Macbook Air running Mac OS ver 10.9.2. I want to install Windows 7/8 on my Mac using Boot Camp Assistant. Can someone help me by running through the entire procedure and requirements? All help is appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

I just recently bought a MacbookPro15, and at first I was like you and I wanted to get windows up and running on it as soon as I could. As I did not have an 8gB pen drive with me at that time, I had to wait for a few days, and guess what? I was using Mac OSX and absolutely fell in love with it. Like everything feels like a breeze on it. The touchpad integration and gestures are just epic. And when I finally got my hands on an 8gB pen drive, I installed Windows 7 on it (Boot Camp), and seriously have never used it since the time i installed it. Every single software/game I used either had a version for mac, or worked through Crossover (based on WINE). IMO just keep using Mac for a few days, see if you can work without windows. If the reason you want windows is because you want to play new games, then (....well what I am I talking about, Its a macbook air.... you just can't play new games on it....) If the games you want are old ones then check if they work on Crossover/WINE. Otherwise if they are light games/apps just install a windows virtual machine and use on that.

Top Bottom