Windows media Player coulnot run

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushan

Broken In
Dear Frens,

I have a problem with my windows media player that I have on my pc installed when it was bought.I tried to play music it doesn’t run.So, I have tried to delete the existing media player which is version 9.0.0325 so, I tried to deleted this version from my pc and wants to get new version as like wma 11 but it couldnot delete wmp.dll and it could not delete and also it is not playing.So, I have deleted wma 9.0.0325 from registry manually twice.So I have to decided to install wma 9 again,so, I have downloaded wma 9 series from Microsoft, I am unware that there is wma 9 deleted or not and so,i tries to install but it says “your version of windows on this computer already exists a more recent version of wma. So, I have install the wma 11,it shows” windows media configuration manager with msg “ an excepted error has occurred,set up couldnot detect any windows media updates.please try again”.or When I try to start Microsoft Windows Media Player,I receive an msg "An internal application error has occurred". Although wma 11 gets installed,it deoesnot show up.

Please suggest me what to do for these problem I have.

WIth BR

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
You should not delete windows media player registry files. Now follow this:

start -->> set program access and defaults -->> Click "Add remove windows Component" -->> In windows component page check "windows media player" -->> Click Next

Insert windows XP CD when asked.Complete the process and restart your windows.

You don't need to uninstall previous version of windows media player to install new version of media player. Download latest version of WMP from here:
*www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx

Now, just run the setup, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom