Windows Live messenger saved conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
Ok, I can not explain fully. The situation is that, my friend has recently come to know that her Ex-boyfriend had been spying on her hotmail Email account (He told her over phone about a mail that she received). Now she has changed the password.

The other thing she is worried about is if he can read the conversations she has over MSN LIVE messenger. I told her that even if she has saved the conversations, it will only be saved on that system... So, unless he has worked on teh same system, he will not have access to the old conversations... and anyway, there is no possibility of having access to the newer ones even if he still has the password (even though she has changed the password). Is this right???

If not, how else to ensure that she is not bugged anymore?? Also, if there are these stupid softwares like keyloggers installed, how do you find it? (coz, it only pops out when some combination of keys are pressed, right?? and it doesn't show itself in Task manager).

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Try the usual adaware, spybot search and destroy, spysweeper, etc. then run install zonealarm and restart the comp. if any keylogger is trying to create a hook(which is needed to record the keys) then zonealarm asks you if its a trusted software or not. then you can use rootkit revealer from sysinternals for hunting down the more elusive keyloggers.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
If Zonealarm is not already installed and I install it now, still will it be able to give notifications reg. these damn keyloggers or can they hide?? coz, they dont even show themselves in task manager?? Or am I over estimating these softwares..
Either ways, rootkit revealer is something I hadn't known about.. Let me try that.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
ZoneAlarm will notify when something tries to access something without user's interaction.

even KAV7 does that & it comes with a rootkit scanner too.

tell your friend to change the passsword to something random, completely unrelated(to her....) & a bit big.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
^ Yes I have already done that. But assuming that she dint give out the password (that is what she says) and that it is highly impossible for him to "hack" her password, what other means can a person resort to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom