Windows Firewall, Action Centre, Recovery Options, System Backup access denied!

sarvavyapt

Right off the assembly line
Hello, Serious Problem with my Sony Viao E series VPCEB31EN laptop,

Runs Windows 7 home basic with a Pentium P6100 (2ghz) , hard disk 320 gb and memory 2 gb

Actually yesterday night, my little brother (moron) allowed some random user from yahoo chat to remote access my laptop to solve his issues with Yahelite (yahoo chat client) through 'Teamviewer'.

That guy (from the other side) made big changes to the laptops protection system
i.e. Firewall, action centre, System Restore, System bacup, Windows Defender and Security Centre in Control Panel

Now when I try access the settings of these , to turn them on, they say it can't be done for the following errors:

1. Windows Firewall: recommended settings: Windows firewall can't change some of the settings. error code 0x80070422

2. Windows security centre: The windows SC services cannot be started.

3. system restore: no restore ponits have been created ( means the guy also deleted the previous restore points ) and the system protection for c drive was also turned off {I turned that back on though for now}

4. Windows defender : same error 0x80070422

5. System backup : Same error 0x80070422

6. Remote assistant turned off by me through system settings even for a home/office safe network (which doesn't applies to me)

7. A webroot spyware software was also uninstalled.

8. Mc afee is not present in installed files.

How can I access these or prevent the changes that are made, As restore points are deleted :(
Is this a hack? (as it obviously feelstobe)

Sorry I wrote bit hurriedly, as I am scared, thanks in advance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
check your system using the latest version of Avira Rescue disc .. write it on a CD .. boot the pc with .. run a full scan and remove what it finds .. only after doing this format your OS partition and install a fresh copy of windows and install a good Internet security suite and update it .. scan the full pc again.

Hannah

Zaid Mark
Go To Microsoft Website.
And download Microsoft Security Esstentials
After Download
Install It then update It
Scan the Whole Computer.
If There Is No Virus Found.
Format Whole Computer And Install a Fresh Copy Of Windows 7.

Thanks,

OP
S

sarvavyapt

Right off the assembly line
Thanks topgear, Hannah and meetdilip for your kind support :)

I was able to get a solution to the problem on Microsoft Community.

Actually my Startup Services (in Administrative tools in Control Panel) for these were disabled by the person. So as soon I restarted services were disabled.

The easier way to get to these is typing 'Services' in 'Search Program and Files' on Start panel. Then I enabled each service from the list and everything was back to normal

I then fully scaned the computer using Windows Defender and Avira antivirus personal and found zero threaths.

Removed Teamviewer (did that already before), Uninstalled Yahelite :mad:, Removed every Chat client :mad: and turned my administrator profile password protected.

I hope I am safe now?

Do you still thing I need steps further to be taken?

Thanks againg for your replies guys :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I thought that person has made some serious damage but now it looks like the threat is over and everything is ok though just to be sure scan using the Avira rescue Cd and Malwarebytes Anti Malware.

Top Bottom